Starting Parameters?

I like that turn by turn scorecard, good one Rambo.

Really I would like to keep the Nuclear option out of this global conflict, kind of ruins the game with such an omnipotent weapon.

You know a234 I've been thinking about that, multi-player options, almost like the 3 sided platform, where you have the Axis, Allies, and Communists. Or...perhaps each side has the option to make one of its partners AI guided, so you have that one ally that won't necessarily conform to your game plan.

As Axis you could guide Japan and Germany, but Italy is the wild-card. And for the Allies, UK, USA, and USSR, one of which would be AI controlled, player option.

How about making scoring relative to historical results. You have to do better than your side did in real life. Then you don't have to tweak reality to get to an 'even' game.

That's what Anglo-German War did and it made otherwise unplayable scenarios like the invasions of Poland and France quite interesting.

Thing is LC we play these same old territorial reruns over and over, Poland goes down easy, France is simple. What if you get a decent fight out of the Frogs or the Polish military allies with Germany and they go after the Reds together.

Hitler did try to get them to join the cause, when they refused, "Fall Weiss" happened.

Gotta disagree with ya SeaMonkey on the Atomic bomb.Because it was so Ulta potent it was the main reason why the war didnt go on longer(and saved ALOT of American lives).If the Allies cant build it then the victory conditions should change atleast against Japan and America should get something in return for not having to spend the MASSIVE amounts it did to reasearch and build it.This is something you cant just take away and not give something back.

I also think that when an engineer starts to build fortifications and has to move but the tile it was fortifying wasnt occupied by enemy forces then it should be able to move back to that tile and continue and not have to start all over again.The work it started would still be there.

Thing is LC we play these same old territorial reruns over and over, Poland goes down easy, France is simple. What if you get a decent fight out of the Frogs or the Polish military allies with Germany and they go after the Reds together.

Hitler did try to get them to join the cause, when they refused, "Fall Weiss" happened.

I will have to agree that after enough games, there is a cookie cutter. As Germany, spend all your MMPs on ground units & the tech for the ground.....and use it all on Russia.

@SM --- Got a scenario or mod you wanna play?

@LampCord --- Yes, I pushing for scoring systems. The current Victory Conditions are all based on capitals. I'd love to have a "live score" based on whatever factors (property owned, firebombings, etc)

Crap! Rambo, I can't keep up with you as it is now much less start another game.

Are you ready to surrender? If so, then perhaps we can start something else, after installing the 1.03 patch. I've been wanting to play Z with the new features, but we'll have to end our game, which I must say has been great fun.

You guys owe it to yourselves to try Nupremal's World Campaign if you haven't. It is the epitome of SC and it will give you a good taste of the limits we don't want to cross(IMO). This scenario requires a lot of attention from the players to get through a turn and its length is about the maximum time I want to put in to get a turn done, about an hour.

In my present situation with a life, its not easy to put aside an hour to dedicate to a turn and the longer the time required the greater chance of an interruption, which sometimes ruins my train of thought or puts me on another task.:(

Crap! Rambo, I can't keep up with you as it is now much less start another game.

Are you ready to surrender? If so, then perhaps we can start something else, after installing the 1.03 patch. I've been wanting to play Z with the new features, but we'll have to end our game, which I must say has been great fun.

You guys owe it to yourselves to try Nupremal's World Campaign if you haven't. It is the epitome of SC and it will give you a good taste of the limits we don't want to cross(IMO). This scenario requires a lot of attention from the players to get through a turn and its length is about the maximum time I want to put in to get a turn done, about an hour.

In my present situation with a life, its not easy to put aside an hour to dedicate to a turn and the longer the time required the greater chance of an interruption, which sometimes ruins my train of thought or puts me on another task.:(

Dude, don't get too happy with the success that early version. What are we playing, his 4th version? Axis have HUGE advantage in that version.

Surrender, "NUTS". I've got two full years to try to take some territory back. Japs have done nothing.

I would like to play, and if you like we could do an AAR (here or at buntaland / http://s15.invisionfree.com/Buntaland/index.php?)

:)

@Xwormwood --- Last time we played we did mirrored in Operation Z, we both kicked ass as Allies, that was the early version where "Allies always win". Then we played a couple turns of Vypuero's World Campaign (version 2, now there is like 11th version). We were smart not to continue that early version.

That was then, this is now: What do you have in mind?

I have nothing special in mind, but as you are playing a bit more often i would like you to choose which campaign we gonna play ( ii imagine it might be a bit boring for you if you have to play one campaign or one side to often in a row).

Just decide which one you want and which side you want to play (a mirrored play would be good as well, of course).

Either i start and send you the turn (after you told me which campaign to choose) or you start a campaign with the side of your choosing.