What is next - after the Brits?

Im a slut, i would buy any new CMSF module, event it has the Angolans invading Namibia. Hmm, now that i think about it what about South Africa vs Angola and Cuba...

IDF module - of course, hopefully a Yom Kippur or even earlier rendition.

As long as we can keep real world politics and prejudices out of it and remember its just a game.

Posts like this make me very creative in finding words for which I would be immidiatly banned from this forum if I would write them down here... With kind regards from Germany ;).

Don't worry Scipio. Since the original poster has not returned it is likely he has been struck by direct sunlight and turned to stone. I'm not sure what the Kosovo reference has to do with CMSF at all since that was an air campaign only by everyone.

I wouldn't buy an Israeli module. Well, maybe I would - but only if I could play Lebanese.

Well, in that case you would be playing Hezbollah, an organisation known for meticulously observing the rules of warfare and the Geneva convention, one which covered itself in glory with daring military operations like the bombing of the Jewish Community Centre in Buenos Aires.

Look, the problem with the IDF and the Israeli public in general right now, is that they are far too easily willing to justify the IDF's committing war crimes just because the other side does too. But that doesn't make the other side any better, only less powerful...

Sorry if I'm derailing this thread, but seeing as how the OP doesn't have the guts to either stand up for what he posted (a completely idiotic post, IMO), or apologise for it, I think I can get over it :)

All the best!

Sorry if I'm derailing this thread, but seeing as how the OP doesn't have the guts to either stand up for what he posted (a completely idiotic post, IMO), or apologise for it, I think I can get over it :)

It is possible that MikeyD simply meant that he finds the Lebanese more tactically interesting to play as . . . I'm not sure, but having read his post I wouldn't necessarily interpret that as him saying that "Hezbollah is great and Israel is terrible." Or are you referring to the very first post?

Well, in that case you would be playing Hezbollah, an organisation known for meticulously observing the rules of warfare and the Geneva convention, one which covered itself in glory with daring military operations like the bombing of the Jewish Community Centre in Buenos Aires.

What a truly bizarre comment. It's right up there with the first post in this thread.

I trust that you will never, ever, (or have ever in the past) be playing the Germans in any WW2-based game - be it from BFC or any other publisher?

Or the Russians either, for that matter, since they were Teh Bad too.

Or partisans from any country, since they were surely defined by someone as terrorists.

Or ... well ... anyone, actually. I'm sure that someone, somewhere could be found to say something bad about anyone.

If you mean the Leopard, the cover itself is probably not as straight as the barrel. Since it's a bit over size and is hanging on it, it may very well make it look wonky, like...

jessica-simpson-without-makeup-with-baggy-clothes.jpg

I remember that was fashion in Finnish military years before it hit the mainstream: either all uniforms were three sizes bigger or two sizes smaller than the wearer. :)

What a truly bizarre comment. It's right up there with the first post in this thread.

I trust that you will never, ever, (or have ever in the past) be playing the Germans in any WW2-based game - be it from BFC or any other publisher?

You seem to have misunderstood me. I was being sarcastic only about Hezbollah indeed, but was referring my comment to what MikeyD said, i.e. that if there were to be an IDF module he would be playing the Lebanese (i.e. not the IDF, because to him, they are the bad guys). All I was doing is pointing out that Hezbollah are no great scions of morality either, and if he is unwilling to play IDF then he should be (in my eyes) unwilling to play Hezbollah too.

As to me, I play games for the fun of it, and don't attach too much meaning to which side I am playing, otherwise I wouldn't have played the Germans, etc. in CMx1, as you pointed out correctly. As a former IDF soldier, though, I would probably give playing Hezbollah a go, but can't guarantee that I won't have some sort of knot in my stomach...

Cheers