Does the AT declair war?

Boris Balaban

I to have not had the AI declare war on me. And I've played against all levels of AI... only when I attack do they fight... Now on the other hand, they do fight each other Declaring wars and peace. it's just that they don't declare war on me, unless I attack first.

they declare war, i've had it happen a dozen times. It's just that the player is typically the one rushing to war.

Really because I just played a game into turn 297 and the ai has yet to declare war on me... I've researched everything and have tons of money...

I guess he's just to scared to attack. :)

I am finding the AI will not attack until I declare war.

I build up my tech then I attack while the air only build up.

Hm. I think I'd have to look closely at why the AI wasn't declaring war on you. It might have to do with the specifics of your game. There's a number of things that influence an AI's decision to declare war on someone. I've had the AI declare war on me in past games - sometimes, I've have to fend off several AI players at the same time.

I did have the 3 AIs attack last night for I gave them 150% production and me at 100%.

They seemed to have been talking to eachother for they almost attacked on the same turn (sneek attacks).

It would bee better to have random attacks and then randam peace.

I'll have to take a close look at it, but the AI has a tendency to declare war on the same person. The reason for this is because PlayerA declares war on you, then PlayerB decides that you and PlayerA are both good targets since you are at war with each other (and therefore, less capable of defending yourselves). Then, PlayerC does the same thing. While the idea behind their decision is rational (attack people who are busy fighting other wars), it's not really a good thing that they act like a wolfpack.