Version 0.97.8806 Available

Brit

Changes and Fixes in 0.97.8806:

- Units which have less than one turn's worth of orders appear in the "Needs Additional Orders" panel

- The application checks for updates on startup (but no more than once every 24 hours)

- Added "Scotland" to the flags

- Faster AI

- Added a context-menu, instead of the static unit-menu above the map.

- Added new-unit rally points. For each city, players can setup land, water, and air rally points.

- Added icons to the UnitBar that indicate what their orders are

- SPACEBAR will close the current window (it's equivalent to pressing "Ok" or "Close")

- Added new "Food Multiplier" technologies: Pesticides (Technology), Fertilizer Factory, Fishing Management (Technology)

- Fixed bug: Group "Estimated Time Of Arrival" tooltip was wrong

- Fixed bug: Missile Launcher (Class 1) could not enter transports

- Fixed bug: City-List was not showing correct build times

- Fixed bug: Research Orders messed up when a player isn't in the Player1 slot

- Fixed bug: Missiles and Nuclear Bombers were "running out of fuel" before they attacked

- Fixed bug: Ships are getting tied up because they autoattack enemy units on the shore

- Fixed bug: Infantry can sometimes get dumped off transports into the middle of the ocean

- Increased Submarine speeds (by 10)

- Made impending shortages more obvious by red-highlighting the resource that is low

Great! :)

Is save compatible with the previous version? I have one not finished MP game and would like it to finish.

"Food Multiplier" technologies is better to enter simultaneously with population growth.

can't for my life get that updater working. Sometimes it just starts downloading some bmp file, then fails. but mostly it just wont connect to the server.

What am i doing wrong? Im using vista with a 3G internet. It doesn't matter wether I use administrator rights or not.

can't for my life get that updater working. Sometimes it just starts downloading some bmp file, then fails. but mostly it just wont connect to the server.

What am i doing wrong? Im using vista with a 3G internet. It doesn't matter wether I use administrator rights or not.

Strange. It tries to download a file and then gets stuck at some point? The updater doesn't try to write anything to your disk until everything is downloaded, so it sounds like it's failing before the 'disk write' step. The exe that writes stuff to disk is the Updater4.exe application. I'd ask if you were changing the rights on that application, but it sounds like things are failing before that. You've gotten updates in the past, and they've worked okay?

My guess is that it stops the moment it wants to write. It connects to server then says error downloading data/images/attack-icon.bmp

It worked with the last patch, sortof. But I had trouble then as well. Had to restart several times. it stopped half way through alot of times before it finally was able to go all the way.

When I look at properties in the EOS folder it has the attributes read-only, and this is unchangeable. that is, i change it but it doesnt register when i check properties later

My guess is that it stops the moment it wants to write. It connects to server then says error downloading data/images/attack-icon.bmp

It worked with the last patch, sortof. But I had trouble then as well. Had to restart several times. it stopped half way through alot of times before it finally was able to go all the way.

When I look at properties in the EOS folder it has the attributes read-only, and this is unchangeable. that is, i change it but it doesnt register when i check properties later

So, you've got version 0.97.8471, the updater downloads all 3.83 MB, and then it fails? The very first file the updater tries to download and write is "Attack-Icon.bmp", so it sounds like it's failing on the very first download item.

The only thing I can think of is that the Updater4.exe application is running under an account that doesn't have disk-write permissions. I don't know why it would work sometimes, though. I guess there could be something else preventing it from writing to disk. If your disk is full, that would cause problems, but that seems really unlikely.