Rule sets

rich12545

I haven't been on this forum for about a week. Came back and am reading about some people who don't like artillery bombarding ships. Others don't like the tech. Etc Etc.

Well, guess what. With the full game you can make your own rule sets to suit. You can set arty firing distances. You can set no tech. It's very flexible. Anything that's in the rule set can be changed.

What can't be changed is resources, diplomacy and trading. I just can't understand that, with a game that has so many options, these three are fixed. And I don't know about anybody else, but failure to allow them to be disabled will be a game breaker for me.

I just handled an idea how that could be done.

You don't like it, you don't have to.

And I said twice at least, I don't have any problem with no resources option in the game.

In fact, I don't have a problem with what you think of resources at all.

I may disagree, but a problem? No.

It's your lack of respect for Brit that I have a problem with.

He's been working very hard over the past few years and then you blast in screaming how resources are sh!t and you WANT to be able to play without them.

A little 'please' , 'in my opinion' or 'I would like' instead of 'I want' and you can have anything you want requested without any rudeness on my part. I may add my two cents what I think of your idea - it is a forum, isn't it - but I know my opinion is my opinion and Brit has his own. And it is him coding the game, not me.

Just show some respect for Brit in what you're saying and how you're saying it. That is all.

You can edit (done in a matter of one mn) the official rule set (make a copy of it) and set that Cities actually produce food, or that barracks allow up to 6 units to garrison for free, you have several possibilities here. Save, and play all your maps with that...

--

Cyberstratege & Vae Victis Reviewer