Maps From Tow1

AleMichi

I'm not a tech expert and this is not an official response, but I think you could not import TOW1 maps into TOW2 "as-is" because there are differences in the map objects (buildings, trees, etc) between the two games. The objects in TOW2 are from N. Africa rather than Europe, and in TOW2 the buildings can be entered by troops.

I think you could import the the maintex.tga and fartex.tga texture maps from a TOW1 map into the TOW2 map editor and use them as the starting point for a custom TOW2 map. But you would still have to edit the terrain heights and add all the TOW2 objects to the map yourself.

We don't have the right objects yet in TOW2 to make a proper-looking Northern European map (at least until the Kursk expansion comes out). But... Since the Sicily campaign happened in 1943 right after Tunisia, and it's in the Mediterranean, you could probably mod some TOW1 maps and scenarios into TOW2 -- especially once the Centauro mod is released and we have more Italian units/vehicles. The Sicily villages wouldn't look quite right unless someone makes a TOW2 building model for a little church (speaking of which, why aren't there any mosques with minarets in TOW2 Tunisia?).

It is possible to import maps from Tow1 to Tow2?

yes, it 's possible, just copy the maintex, farmaintex, HF, farHF on my clear map.

The ToW1 statics can be imported but only the bridges work really, the others statics have to be modified (collision and visibility). The ToW1 trees can be imported but nobody figured yet how to make their shadows showing. As for the units, it's possible too but would need a lot of work and 3D skill.

my La fière map in ToW2

grab_234.jpg