Delaying Normandy

I was an early CMBO fan and an avid reader of, though infrequent contributor to, these forums for some years through CMBB and CMAK. Then along came CMSF.

I tried the demo, didn't like it. I couldn't get into the game, both the period and the bugs put me off. I bought it nonetheless, but never really played it. A few weeks ago I stopped by the forum to see how the Napoleonic Game was getting on and saw that a new CMSF demo had been released. I downloaded it, tried it, loved it, bought the game again (my son had long since mislaid the original disc) and the modules. I am having a great time and my wife, just as she did years ago, is again moaning about me spending too long on "that stupid game".

So, at last, to get to the point. Battlefront, there is at least one person who is saying take your time with Normandy there is no need to rush.

I imagine as the game is already somewhat behind the curve already that BF dont want to delay it forever, that said there would be no point in delivering a shoddy ww2 game.

From all that Ive read here on this forum I cant imagine us seeing this before Summer 10. Plenty of life left in CMSF for now anyways.

Summer 2010??? I doubt it. I wouldn't be too fussed if that were the case, to be honest, as CMSF is just fine. But with Steve already having said early 2010, it being delayed to mid 2010 would be a big blow... By the way, I'm assuming you mean northern hemisphere summer (being English) and not southern (being stationed in the Falklands) :)

Well if I recall it wasnt so long ago that Steve said it would definitely be out in 2009, no doubts about it. So I think summer 2010 (UK Summer) will be about right. Im not stationed there now, I forgot to change my location, I got back a week ago. Good to have normal internet again!