Ukranian Independence

I think a decision event to create independent Ukraine should popup after some trigger related to german advancement into ukranian territory. Historically, the ukranians greeted the germans as liberators from the stalinist oppressions such as collective farming induced famine. Historically, the germans ruined this opportunity due to nazi ideologies of lebensraum and hyper-racism against slavic peoples. Choosing 'no' would produce the same traditional stratcom AI for soviet territory. Choosing 'yes' would produce very interesting alternative history. Ukraine would become a nation and join axis. This could be accomplished with programming logic technologies similar to Vichy France. Ukraine resources would be at full capacity. Ukraine could generate ukranian military units. Soviet forces still in ukraine would not leave peacefully, but would be greatly weakened in their ability to defend or operate against german forces in ukraine. Perhaps even a chance of sebastopol based black sea ships, or existing soviet units in ukraine (likely comprised of majority ethnic ukranians) would convert into ukranian units under axis control. Soviet partisans would not be able to operate in Ukraine. Ukranian independence is a very important and realistic historical "what if". The game should not assume that the axis player wishes to conduct himself as a nazi fanatic and alienate the ukranians! :confused:

v/r,

tk

I like the suggestion.

I think it could be used as a way to add play balance. If you are an experienced player, you may want to give the Axis AI this decision event, and visa-versa is you are a new player and want a little advantage being the Axis.

Robert

This is a viable alternative, could be a very real development in a credible "what if".

Remember, most of us would not embark upon such a foolish scheme as Hitler and his cronies did. We, as the Axis dominant partner, would apply a plan of world conquest on the old Bismark Prussian beliefs applied with more chivalrous methods.

But........OK xwood, you're right....No..I'm running the show here and in my Germany we're going to enforce a different ideology, we're going to leave the "racism" behind.:mad:

Our indoctrination consists of discipline, respect for authority, anti-Bolshevism, national expansion and a quasi-religious faith in the movement. All the Nazis elements save one and I want the Ukranians to help with the anti-Bolshevic part.:cool:

Think about it....not so far removed from the WW2 German culture.

It belongs in my SC Global model.:)

Remember we want decisions that have some balance - why would you say "no" for example if it is always correct? So if you do say yes, it should perhaps give you access to building minor units (Ukraine) but the reverse could be you get some better, elite SS Unit(s) instead - that way, take your elite SS or build more possible, but poorer, units from the Ukrainian pool

If you do this you are going to alter the game (imho)quite severly in favor of the Axis(supply, reduced partisans,etc).

Yes this is exactly what Germany should have done but what historical event do we give the Allies?Ultra,more overall industrial might.Remember the Ukraine wanted to be independent,not necessarily join the Axis(only a possibility)but the two VERY important things I just listed not included in this game(for obvious reasons)did happen.Im all for adding more possibilites but its real tough to even it out.