Music option and AI

raauthaa

Would just like to say great game, I have been waiting for the demo for ages now!

Im not sure if this has been brought up yet but its one of my big gaming gripes of ALL TIME - you MUST have an option to disable the music (not saying its bad, its just, I want the option!). Unless ive missed the option somewhere I couldnt find it....

And the other thing being the AI... at the moment Ive stopped playing due to the length of time the AI takes to complete its moves, I really hope this can be improved as I envisage I will be playing single player most the time. Also , as has been mentioned in previous threads the AI needs to be able to respond to diplomacy a little better, establishing alliances with other AI players from time to time would be great!

I think if the AI can be ironed out this will be a classic little pocket strategy game and my congratulations on pursuing such a project in a industry of souless 3d RTS/ shooters and crapo console money spinners. well done!

The manual, unless I missed something, isn't clear what the difference is between the 3 AI levels-I know the major thing is the AI gets some huge advantages in tech at the higher levels, but I don't know what else they get (quantitatively or qualitatively). It sucks constantly being behind the tech curve, trying to fight off (e.g.) battleships which are 2 levels higher than yours, but I don't want to move the AI difficulty back down if it porks other things that it does. And the manual isn't (apparently) searchable either.

Im not sure if this has been brought up yet but its one of my big gaming gripes of ALL TIME - you MUST have an option to disable the music (not saying its bad, its just, I want the option!). Unless ive missed the option somewhere I couldnt find it....

The preferences window has an option to turn-off the in-game music.

And the other thing being the AI... at the moment Ive stopped playing due to the length of time the AI takes to complete its moves, I really hope this can be improved as I envisage I will be playing single player most the time. Also , as has been mentioned in previous threads the AI needs to be able to respond to diplomacy a little better, establishing alliances with other AI players from time to time would be great!

It's definitely on my list for things to do.

I think if the AI can be ironed out this will be a classic little pocket strategy game and my congratulations on pursuing such a project in a industry of souless 3d RTS/ shooters and crapo console money spinners. well done!

Thanks!

The manual, unless I missed something, isn't clear what the difference is between the 3 AI levels-I know the major thing is the AI gets some huge advantages in tech at the higher levels, but I don't know what else they get (quantitatively or qualitatively). It sucks constantly being behind the tech curve, trying to fight off (e.g.) battleships which are 2 levels higher than yours, but I don't want to move the AI difficulty back down if it porks other things that it does. And the manual isn't (apparently) searchable either.

Ok. I'll have to sit down and write-up the differences betweeen the AI levels. Yes, you're right that Elite gets a research advantage. Veteran gets a small research advantage, and novice actually gets a research penalty.