Great news!

akd

Glad to see this announcement. Have a question, however:

There has been talk of a "South Gambit" expansion. Will this be included with the BFC release, or if not, will this content be published by BFC later on?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2869079/PT_Boats_South_Gambit_expansio.html#Post2869079

Fingers crossed that we'll see a real sim come out of this partnership!

Love PT Boats !!! From what I have read the Pacific Theater will not be included. Tell me it isn't so.... The PTO was were the PT Boats really showed their mettle.

In the Pacific Theater, PT Boats normally attacked at night. Will tlhere be night battles?

Stingray

Love PT Boats !!! From what I have read the Pacific Theater will not be included. Tell me it isn't so.... The PTO was were the PT Boats really showed their mettle.

In the Pacific Theater, PT Boats normally attacked at night. Will tlhere be night battles?

Stingray

Well ... to a degree. Certainly the PT Boats, by which I mean the American MTBs, were probably more widely known in the Pacific Theater, but by far the most involved and (IMHO) interesting MTB fighting took place in the Channel and the Med. And as you'll see if you buy the game, even the Russians had a significant MTB fleet in the North Sea and the Black Sea.

The American PTs, after a brief period in the Slot going after the Tokyo Express, were primarily involved in barge busting. They did have a magnificent charge at the Battle of the Surigao Strait and some action in the Phillipines in the beginning of the war ("They Were Expendable").

There were American PTs in both the Channel and the Med and they played an important role in concert with British MTBs in the Med.

I'd recommend a couple of books, the first is "Night Action" by Peter Dickens (as it happens he was a grandson of the THE Dickens) and covers his actions as the commander of a Vosper group in the Channel. The other would be "The Battle for the Narrow Seas" by Sir Peter Scott. That covers most of the theaters the British MTB/MGBs were involved with.

And you're quite right, most (but by no means all) of the MTB/MGB actions took place at night, they were just too vulnerable to air attack in the daylight.

I've got my fingers crossed ... but from what I've read I don't have high hopes.

Joe