Tow2 Centauro

AleMichi

• 4 weeks later...
is TOW kursk related with TOW1?... currently i alrdy modified to JSH mod... but what iv seen at youtube TOW kursk preview it looks fantastic & realism!....

Well, they are related in the sense that they come from the same franchise/developers. However, no they are separate games. Just as ToW 1 and ToW 2 are separate.

The way i see Kursk is, it's ToW 2 graphics/engine/details/features, but with the much more appealing scenery from ToW 1 :P Sure the North Africa setting was probably accurate to what the armies had to endure, but it does get dull looking at all that damn sand...

Thks 4ur reply...

ok now i understand so Tow_Kursk is another game & different campaigns rite?

means the campaign more to eastfront only, there will be no westernfront campaign....

will buy dis game soon after it realese in asia....

Well, they are related in the sense that they come from the same franchise/developers. However, no they are separate games. Just as ToW 1 and ToW 2 are separate.

The way i see Kursk is, it's ToW 2 graphics/engine/details/features, but with the much more appealing scenery from ToW 1 :P Sure the North Africa setting was probably accurate to what the armies had to endure, but it does get dull looking at all that damn sand...

No you don't need ToW 2 installed - The games are entirely separate in that respect.

They will install into different directories on your computer, and you don't need one to play the other. Same goes for the full version of ToW 2: Kursk.

Centuro, on the otherhand, has been announced to be an add-on for ToW 2. So you will need ToW 2 before installing Centauro.

This is because Centauro remains in the North African campaign so it will use similar units/maps etc...Whereas Kursk takes the battle to, well, Kursk. :P

>>Sure the North Africa setting was probably accurate to what the armies had to >>endure, but it does get dull looking at all that damn sand...

Nokturnal, just so you know -- the maps provided with TOW2 are not an accurate representation of the actual terrain in Tunisia. Yes some areas in the south of the country are sandy desert (the Sahara), but there are two other distinctly different terrain/climate zones: A central "steppe" region of grassy scrublands, which is arid but not desert, and is surprisingly green in the winter rainy season (try my El Guettar map on the Repository to see this). The northern zone is not sandy, and is like a Mediterranean coastal countryside (image link: http://www.en-route.co.za/AfricaAdventure/photos/tunisia/tun14.jpg ).

Broadsword - Yes i am well aware that the landscape is not as realistic as it could be. I have also downloaded your map and i can see the difference, but that's not really the point of my comment, i think you may have just taken the last sentence out of context.

Sorry that you thought i was being serious, it was meant to be more of a cheeky comment regarding the sand being annoying.

The "accurate to what they had to endure" line was just nicer than saying "i absolutely hate the sandy landscape and it's a pain to look at for hours on end"...

One of the downsides to text, can't convey a tone of voice with ease. :P Though i thought the tongue sticking out at the start of the sentence would of given it away..

Thanks for the pic and explanation though. (and for the map ;) )

Nokturnal, i got a problm here.... first i downloadt it & install but all in russian language i couldnt understand....

2nd after install, i click on d icon to start d game but a box pops up (warning sound)den,den,denn!, on my screen "Kursk1943Demo.exe - Unable to locate component" wtf?????

below inside d box just beside d big red round X "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

i alrdy 3times reinstalling but still d same.. anyone knows what is d problm actually?...

plz anyone!... :(

Install the latest directX drivers from the microsoft website to get rid of the error message.

As for the demo menu being in russian, see the topic on this forum called Kursk 43 to see how you can enable the menus in english and how to translate the briefings

Install the latest directX drivers from the microsoft website to get rid of the error message.

As for the demo menu being in russian, see the topic on this forum called Kursk 43 to see how you can enable the menus in english and how to translate the briefings

ok Knokke thks 4ur tips... will try to install latest directX,.. hope this will work..

oh ya btw i also alrdy download menus in english.... ok will try it again thank u so much brother.... :o

You can find the d3dx9_41.dll

http://www.walldown.com/spip.php?article338

Just put it in the TOW 2 - Kursk directory

thnak u arzok now it werks.. thks again... :))

but i got 1more question... totally different,.. d graphics model are so realistic...

but y so slacked?... i mean d game performance runs slow when other reinforments arrive... i played tow1 with huge army during d battle but notning slacked it runs smoothly unlike tow_kursk...

sorry coz i like to know more, im very keen abt dis game...

is my computer need high spec to play tow_kursk?....