Pbem

Rik81

I understand you are NOT providing PBEM for this game. I think you are really missing the boat (translation: missing a lot of sales) by not doing so. The very nature of the game begs for PBEM ability. MOST TURN-BASED wargames on the market provide for PBEM.

Maybe you can't have it by original release, but I do hope you consider it for sometime. Meanwhile, it still makes a good solo game.

I understand you are NOT providing PBEM for this game. I think you are really missing the boat (translation: missing a lot of sales) by not doing so. The very nature of the game begs for PBEM ability. MOST TURN-BASED wargames on the market provide for PBEM.

Maybe you can't have it by original release, but I do hope you consider it for sometime. Meanwhile, it still makes a good solo game.

Thanks. By the way, you can play it in multiplayer as well.

I'm still kicking around some ideas for other game options. We'll see where things go in the future. There are a few complications to PBEM - like the trade system. If someone sends you a trade-offer, I guess you'd need to log-in and accept it, decline it, or send a counteroffer. It seems like a back and forth negotiation could get complicated.

I reckon a persistent server based game would work best. Games stay open and visible on the server for people to join or add their turns to.

This would be the best way to get a lot of players which shows the game at its best.

The problem with EoS is that a single turn is such a small fragment of gameplay that you would take a whole year to finish a game by PBEM. Even IP games take many (many) hours to resolve.

The problem with EoS is that a single turn is such a small fragment of gameplay that you would take a whole year to finish a game by PBEM. Even IP games take many (many) hours to resolve.

This is probably the main reason why PBEM, even if coded in, would be hardly popular.