Please add an "idle unit view"

N3rull

I have come to realize that it quickly becomes extremely complex to manage all your units. Up to maybe turn 40-50 when you have a list of 10-15 idle units per turn it is somewhat manageable, but when the list begins to span over 30+ units and there are paratroopers (or other units that you have to load on other units and then bring them somewhere), controlling this all becomes a b.... .

For example, when you have a tactical bomber idle, you click its name. The view centers on it. You see its location and you immediately know where you need to send the plane. However, when you have an idle unit of paratroopers, you have to find him an idle transport plane. Now you either have to click on every city on the map (starting from the closest cities to where the paratrooper squad is, so you find the closest transport) to check if there's an idle airplane; or you have to click all transports on the idle list, memorize their location and after scrolling them all decide which one is closest.

Sam with subs/battleships and missiles, docked transports and troops, and so on.

My idea for a solution would be: add a new view, something like the city view, that would show idle units.

We have the standard view where you see cities, resource nodes and units.

You can turn on city view to see only cities, what is built there and what is being produced.

My idea would be to have another view type, just like the city view, but one which would show all units on the map that "need orders". Units that have orders would not be shown. Units out of cities that don't have orders would be visible. Cities would be shown just like in city view, but it would be idle unit icons instead of buildings drawn in a ring around the city icon.

This would be really helpful.