AI use a long time to plot orders

Hawk

ai's not on a background task? would think it could be making its moves while the human is too.

Yes, the AI is a background task, but it still takes a while to compute its turn.

There are some problems with the AI, particularly late in the game. The larger the map, the more cities/resources there are, the more units you have, and the more units it has, the more time the AI takes to compute it's turn. I believe this is due to the fact that the AI is spending too much time thinking "what if I try to capture that city with Unit X? What if I try to capture the same city with Unit Y at location Z?" You can see that the possible combinations get large.

I hope you will look into this, Brit. I loved playing gigantic battles in Empire, and the possible maximum size of the maps in EOS will probably put those to shame this, but having to wait up to 10 minutes for the AI would not be much fun. :)

I'm just throwing this out there... but yes the late game does go slow, but it seems slower because you can't really tell what is going on. I would think something of a countdown, or have some kind of visual indication of what the computer is doing. A time bar? Countdown clock? just something to indicate it's doing something... might help out a lot?

just my 2 cents.

Koji