ZOOM Please

Rik81

Please add the ability to use a Mouse wheel to zoom the map in and out. Some of us with poorer eyes need all the help we can get!

I went through the tutorial with no issues. This is looking very nice.

Quite a few people requested a zoom-in function, so I added it along with zoom-in/zoom-out functionality using the mouse-wheel.

Does it make everything bigger, or just the terrain? Right now, my biggest problem is that cities and units can get all crammed together and it can be tricky to click on the right thing. For example, I unloaded a unit on a tiny little island barely larger then a single city icon, and I had a hell of a time clicking on the city to attack it rather then the army, which was 'in front' of and blocking most of the city.

What I'd like to see is that, as you zoom in, the terrain and map gets larger, but the icons and units remain the same size, letting you pick things out better. Personally, I'd like to be able to blow the terrain up to maybe three times the size it is currently, while keeping everything else the same.

Right now the game just seems to squinty and packed together (at least at 1680x1050).

Does it make everything bigger, or just the terrain? Right now, my biggest problem is that cities and units can get all crammed together and it can be tricky to click on the right thing. For example, I unloaded a unit on a tiny little island barely larger then a single city icon, and I had a hell of a time clicking on the city to attack it rather then the army, which was 'in front' of and blocking most of the city.

What I'd like to see is that, as you zoom in, the terrain and map gets larger, but the icons and units remain the same size, letting you pick things out better. Personally, I'd like to be able to blow the terrain up to maybe three times the size it is currently, while keeping everything else the same.

Right now the game just seems to squinty and packed together (at least at 1680x1050).

The new update will have a zoom-in function that makes everything bigger. I started working on a variation so that keeps all map-items small, but enlarges the geography. It's a little more complicated, so that variant is not included in the next update.

It works but has a tendency to move the focus left and/or right instead of staying in place.

That's a bug. It's supposed to zoom towards the mouse position, but there was an error in how I was calculating that. It'll be fixed in the next version.