Maps

rich12545

First I think the max size needs to be increased greatly. Not only for random maps but for historical ones. For example the map of Europe needs more space between cities imo.

Also I think random maps could be more random. Now they're pretty much the same with islands placed randomly. Would you consider sliders on the random map page?

water-land more water>more land or random. Currently the setting is for too much land so the islands are too close together.

islands-continents more islands>more continents or random. You already include this concept but a slider would make it better imo.

dry-wet more desert>more jungle temperate in the middle or random.

level-mountains The mountains setting is currently too high imo.

cities fewer>more This setting would hugely alter gameplay

resources fewer>more Same here

First I think the max size needs to be increased greatly.

The maximum map size is pretty massive in my opinion. A full game on max size map would take a very, very long time to play.

Not only for random maps but for historical ones. For example the map of Europe needs more space between cities imo.

I built the Europe map with a fast-paced game in mind. Thus, cities are close together and connected by roads for fast movement. The goal is constant action, which is something that it delivers in spades. :D

You might be right about these points. Compared to Empire Deluxe this game takes way more time to get going. Much more complex. But I'm finding not as bad to manage as I thought. The basic ui is very good although I agree with many of the suggestions for improvement. And I think the sliders mentioned above would also be an improvement.