Game Resolution?

drcorday

Will there be in the final release? :)

I've had a couple people suggest a zoom-in function. It's actually not that different (from a code perspective) as a zoom-out. I don't think it's a big deal to add, and it seems helpful to people running their monitor at high resolutions. What about the buttons and text (that appear in the non-map interface)? Are they large enough, or is that a problem?

Also, is there a way to speed up turn execution or is that fixed?

I should also mention this game is fun!

By turn execution, do you mean the processing that happens each turn after everyone has submitted their orders?

I've had a couple people suggest a zoom-in function. It's actually not that different (from a code perspective) as a zoom-out. I don't think it's a big deal to add, and it seems helpful to people running their monitor at high resolutions. What about the buttons and text (that appear in the non-map interface)? Are they large enough, or is that a problem?

The non-map text and icons are also a little too small. Not as bad as the map though.

By turn execution, do you mean the processing that happens each turn after everyone has submitted their orders?

Yeah. But after I posted I realized there may not be a whole lot you can do about that. And after playing more it might not be so bad after all. Maybe others can comment.

Originally Posted by Brit:

Yeah. But after I posted I realized there may not be a whole lot you can do about that. And after playing more it might not be so bad after all. Maybe others can comment.

I actually monitor that piece of code closely to figure out what takes the most amount of time. I've done some work in the past to improve the speed of that code (so, yes, it is possible to improve it). I don't know how much more improvement is possible, but I'm always looking to make that part faster.

Is there any way (ingame) to change the resolution? The map is a bit too small for me at my native resolution. Or is there a way to zoom the map?

Will there be in the final release? :)

I've added zoom-in to the game. It will be available.