Technology and strategic range (islands!)

Hello. =)

Two things I would like to see in the game that I missed in both WaW and Pacific.

Limit number of "tech chits" (and maybe tech levels as well?) that nations can place in the different categories. Make these limits slightly different for each country to represent "historical strengths".

Example: Most nations get to place two "chits" max in "heavy armour". Germany gets to place 3. Most nations get to place two chits in "artillery". UK gets to place three.

Operational range for navies and air fleets.

Navies: At the end of each round that a naval unit is not in or adjacent to a friendly port, it's "supply" decreases by one. Restoring supply requires an entire turn spent stationary in or adjacent to a port.

Air Fleets: No more unlimited operational movement. Limit range to require "pit stops" along a longer route. Example: No strat moving from the US west coast to a tiny island just above Japan. No strat moving from Japan to hawaii. No strat moving from US east coast to UK (must land in azores or iceland in between for example).

Excellent ideas here, as naval personnel really needed R & R, after extended deployments, to remain effective, especially carriers. So supply is not the only real life consideration.

The air operational moves should be covered with something like the loop arrows where movement to another theater requires a few turns dictated by the final destination's proximity.

Do remember that many times aircraft was crated and moved by sea and rail, not just flying hops.

AshesFall as far as tech goes if you are only allowed a max of three chits then you would have to change the chances of getting a tech hit?

Imho if a player wants to research a certain tech.then why be restricted?Look what the Manhattan project cost.There was NO expense spared for that, so why should a country be limited to what they spend on any tech?I know its unhistorical but that's only because either the country couldn't afford it or didn't realise a certain techs potential.

As far as teleporting planes across the world goes,this mostly benefits the Allies.Since the Allies true industrial might and other war winning measures aren't included then perhaps them being allowed to do this helps to offset those omissions?

Hello. =)

Example: Most nations get to place two "chits" max in "heavy armour". Germany gets to place 3. Most nations get to place two chits in "artillery". UK gets to place three.

Operational range for navies and air fleets.

Navies: At the end of each round that a naval unit is not in or adjacent to a friendly port, it's "supply" decreases by one. Restoring supply requires an entire turn spent stationary in or adjacent to a port.

Air Fleets: No more unlimited operational movement. Limit range to require "pit stops" along a longer route. Example: No strat moving from the US west coast to a tiny island just above Japan. No strat moving from Japan to hawaii. No strat moving from US east coast to UK (must land in azores or iceland in between for example).

1. I would still give the same techs to all, so no nation could get too advanced in it. Or maybe give the chance for lvl 5 for those who were more powerful in that specific tech, so that if they wanted to be most powerful in that they would need to spend alot in research and have good luck :)

2. Isn't the navy supply working just like it worked in sc1 & sc2?

3. Air fleets, I would give them maximum operational range. Long Range tech would add 2 tiles per tech to it.