Normandy Bone

Where I see the CM: Normandy's bridges having the biggest impact is when the forces and bridges are carefully arranged so that the player has to make operational decisions based on the locations and types of crossing points.

[wistful]It'd be neat to have the option to hide the carrying capacity of a bridge until something that exceeds the capacity tries to cross it. That'd really mess with player's minds and with their tactical plans.[/wistful]

I'm actually at a loss that I even have to explain why bridges are important, ...

That'd be because he was actually talking about being able to move under bridges, not the existence of bridges at all.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the screen shots again, I find myself needing to ask,

"Whose grass mod are you using?"

Ah, those long lost days of innocence when CMBO was young and a new world (and years of great gaming) were just opening up before us. Perhaps when the Normady Demo is about to released we can have a night a "night of the refreshing monkeys" as a commemoration.

I've been rereading "Night Drop", getting in the mood. I can picture the flooded fields, the hedgerows, causeways, and yes bridges. The artwork alone for Normandy will be a real chore I'm sure. As much as I'd like CMN yesterday, I'd rather wait till you're satisfied with releasing a quality product. God speed you guys!

Haw! That reminds me of back-in-the-day when I was following the hobby kit releases. The armor enthusiasts always yearned for the tank that wasn't out as a kit yet. Of course when their dream tank eventually came out the bloom was immediately off the rose. Everybody and his brother wanted to see a decent Cromwell & T55 kit... until Tamiya produced them. Its always that kit - and that wargame title - that's just beyond reach that is the most enticing. :D

Man I want East Front so bad.

Normandy is so played out.

[wishful thinking]If we make them enough money, BF may just think again about producing another BB. After all, it must be regarded by many as the pinnacle work of their art; they may feel the need to do what they did then, for reasons other than the money?[/wishful thinking]

[wishful thinking]If we make them enough money, BF may just think again about producing another BB. After all, it must be regarded by many as the pinnacle work of their art; they may feel the need to do what they did then, for reasons other than the money?[/wishful thinking]

I was pretty sure they said they were planning on doing East Front in the next 1-2 years after Normandy, Commonwealth, Nato and Bulge.

Now you've got me scared :(

East Front game (or maybe games, if western front 1944-45 is two games?) will come at some point, that much is certain. I don't know if any order has been cut into stone yet, but those things are so far ahead that there's no point in obsessing about them yet. Let's obsess about Normandy first!

Yup, have no fear. Just because we release a game with particular content, and it's well received, doesn't mean we never cover that content again. That would put us out of business rather quickly!

As for CMBB being the "pinnacle" of Battlefront's time as a developer... not really. CMBO probably could be said to be that so far, but we expect it to lose its crown pretty soon. Having said that, CMBB was my personal favorite of the CMx1 games even though it didn't sell a well as CMBO (or even as much as at least one, maybe two, non-CM games we carry). Eastern Front grogs have a hard time understanding why this is so, but it is so and therefore that's all that matters. As an enlightened Eastern Front grog myself, I do understand why this is even though I personally don't agree with it. It's like incompetent and gridlocked politicians... I understand why they are completely useless, but I don't agree with it :P

What that said, I can't tell you the exact order that CMx2 games will be released. There are all kinds of variables there. What I can tell you is eventually we will have at least four "Families" of Eastern Front products. Once we get started on them they will follow one after the other fairly quickly. It will never match CMBB in terms of sheer content, though, since we have no plans to cover all of the Axis Minors we had in CMBB. Based on our experiences they won't be missed by many (I'll miss 'em!).

Steve

What I can tell you is eventually we will have at least four "Families" of Eastern Front products. Once we get started on them they will follow one after the other fairly quickly. It will never match CMBB in terms of sheer content, though

I guess the four "families" will be games that won't be compatible together? It would be pretty awesome to be able to share the same maps among the four families. If we can't do this, the East Front games will be FATALLY FLAWED (hahahaha). Seriously though, it would be great to be able to have as wide a mix as possible in selecting troops, weather, terrain, etc. rather than having to play only the four selected campaigns. I guess that ain't gonna happen, though...

Call me shallow, but I won't miss the Rumanians or Hungarians much (or at all, really), but sure hope to see partisans (with female snipers of course ;-))

What that said, I can't tell you the exact order that CMx2 games will be released. There are all kinds of variables there. What I can tell you is eventually we will have at least four "Families" of Eastern Front products. Once we get started on them they will follow one after the other fairly quickly. It will never match CMBB in terms of sheer content, though, since we have no plans to cover all of the Axis Minors we had in CMBB. Based on our experiences they won't be missed by many (I'll miss 'em!).

Steve

Will the separate families be connected or share-able? As in, can Family-A use AFV-B from Family-C? It would be great to have all these families able to come under one roof for a long unit list.

Edit: Beat me to to it 76mm.

Oh and yeah, I must confess too, I won't miss the minor nations either.