CMBO and Vista

I have the Special Edition and have successfully loaded it onto my laptop. The game seems to run fine except for one small problem. In-game the tags all have a white background (white rectangles anywhere there is text) and the lettering is all yellow or white so things like town names, victory points, Unit information are unreadable or barely readable. Is there anyway to change the setting so that these areas are returned to their normal black color?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem.

I just reinstalled the game and cannot play due to this.I also have an ATI card..a 4670.

You are supposed to be able to turn off the Antialiasing to fix this but in my case it is off and still have the problem.

There was a fix for the same thing in CMBB right here with a download but obviously they did not do one for this game.So looks like I am out of luck with playing.

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=119&nav=0,10,7

Turning off anti-aliasing was a fixed that worked at one time in the past. It hasn't worked for a long time. The only real fix is the 'Radeon_Text_Fix.zip' file that is in the link (the download link is a bit hard to see, but this is the file name). There is a 'readme.txt' file in the .zip file and each CMx1 game has its own folder with the modified (and unmodified for backup purposes) files that need to be copied into the appropriate BMP folder.

Unfortunately this solution is not perfect. Text will typically appear as 'yellow on black' and the Save Game dialog box will likely appear as a bunch of vertical, thin, black boxes where text characters should be. In this case you'll just have to remember exactly what you're typing.

This has been a bug in the ATI/AMD Radeon drivers for several years and doesn't look like it may get fixed at this rate. However ATI/AMD may surprise us as they did by finally fixing fog-table support that had been missing for YEARS.