Input Not Supported Error

When I attempt to boot either CMAK or CMBB I'm getting an INPUT NOT SUPPORTED message on my monitor.

I have an HP x17e monitor with a Nvidia GFORCE 6 series card.

My current driver number is 190.62.

My HD crashed and when I attempted to reinstall Combat Mission software this error occured. No other programs show this error message.

I had CMBB and CMAK previously installed on this PC with the same monitor, video card and driver and the programs worked fine.

The preference file should be in the CMBB top level folder and is pretty obvious. It is created by the programme when you first run it and it stores your screen resolution and things like that. So if you cannot find it, I would try re-installing or install another copy of CMBB in a different folder and see if you can see it then.

If you've never been able to exit normally from these recently installed games, then there will be no PREFs file generated. You have to exit "normally" from the game in order for the Prefs file to be written out.

The CMx1 titles (CMBB & CMAK) will start out at the highest resolution and refresh rate that your videocard and that CMx1 title support. This may be 1600x1200 at 120Hz, etc. Or it may start at your current desktop resolution and work its way down from there. There's a possibility that your HP monitor will not support these resolutions. But don't worry, just leave things alone as CM tries different resolutions and refresh rates automatically. Typically it will start with the highest supported resolution at the highest supported refresh rate (as reported by the video driver and DirectX). After about 5 seconds or so of no input (i.e. - don't click the mouse or a key on the keyboard) CM will automatically try the next lower refresh rate at that resolution until it reaches 60Hz. Then the next attempt will be at the next lower resolution, but at the highest refresh rate supported for that resolution. This repeats until you reach 800x600 at 60Hz. You might even get a software rendered resolution, but I don't think that should show up with the latest patches (1.03).

So hopefully, just restarting CM and letting it go through the resolutions until you can clearly read what is on the screen and selecting that. However it is possible that once you get a resolution/refresh rate combo that your monitor won't support, then it may shut down and not read any further signals (giving you the error on your screen). If that is the case, then turn off the monitor for about 5 seconds and then turn it on to see if it reads the next signal.