CMAK Bundle Ordered 8/29

Narses

I ordered the bundle of CMBB and AK on 8/29/2009 and received it yesterday Sept 3.

I ordered the CD's although I had previously downloaded the $5 V1.04 for CMBB and it works perfectly on my Vista. I just decided I might as well have the CD's for greater convenience.

Yesterday I immediately put the CMAK cd in and the logo came up with selections "Install" and "Exit." I clicked on "Install" and in the tray I get "CMAK Not Responding." I repeated this 3 times and get the same response. I can only get out by selecting "Ctl+Alt+Delete."

What is going on ??????????

I'm not familiar with what you're seeing. I assume that you're having a problem during the install where it doesn't quite start installing after clicking on the "install" button.

I suggest copying the file(s) from the CD to a place on your hard drive that you can easily find. Once this is done (assuming that there are no problems copying the files), browse to where the installer .exe file is located and right-click on it and select "Run as administrator" from the pop-up menu. This should hopefully allow the installation process to work properly. You should probably do this the first time you run CMAK which should bring up the eLicense code to license your copy of CMAK.

The User Access Control (UAC) feature of Windows Vista is pretty annoying. It will also move files that you would normally copy to the CMAK or CMBB directories (such as PBEM, scenarios, Prefs file) to a "virtual store" directory in order to prevent viruses, etc. from damaging your applications (at least this is the intent). If you turn off UAC, it can make using Windows Vista a little bit more user friendly, but you do lose that protection (which may not be a big deal compared to the hassles it usually brings).