Mapping Mission Export Problem

Here is a screen shot of an example of a problem that has become a permanent issue when I go to export mapping mission projects to the CMBB Editor.

There was a time when this did not happen, no idea what is causing it, which is why I am posting here for help.

Here is a screen shot of an example of a problem that has become a permanent issue when

MMisionissuescopy.jpg

On the left is the end result after exporting a 960m x 960m section from the mapping mission (MM) project shown on the right.

I chose 960m for this test because it is a default increment in the CM editor.

On the right, you can see the 960m x 960m section I selected and "export selection to CM Editor". (Have also tested using the "export to Combat Mission" option, and export as operation with the same results.)

You can see how it has cropped the top section in the CM Editor. You might think that by simply adding height in the editor the missing terrain would show up, but it doesn't.

Notice that there is also a 40m section at the right side which is missing terrain, similar issue but these tiles show up as open ground, not the black "edge of the world" problem found across the top of the map.

-MM / CMBB Editor / Desktop resolutions match.

-Export speeds do not make a difference.

-I'm using an ATI card, so the INVIDIA conflicts are not an issue.

Anyone have an idea what is happening?

Thanks,

MGD

Do you have the correct resolution set under the "Options > CM Editor Resolution" menu?

I have been able to resolve some issues like this if I manually reduce the map size in the CMBB editor to the minimum size and switch to setup zone mode before I start the export.

So you start the export while the editor is displaying the setup zones rather than place terrain?

Interesting, I will try it and report back.

Thanks

So you start the export while the editor is displaying the setup zones rather than place terrain?

Yeah, the CM map editor seems to be more responsive when resizing the map if you're in the setup zone mode, I assume because it doesn't have to paint elevations or terrain. MM will switch to the terrain mode automatically before it starts placing terrain.