PC Freezes when running game

Hi,

I jsut upgrade my PC to a Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83Ghz, 4GB Ram. Geforce 9400GT. I´m running windows XP SP2.

I´m able to load the game but when I press Go for example and movements are on their way the PC suddenly freezes and starts buzzing and I have to restart the computer.

Same happens with IL21946 when a mission or quick combat starts. These are the only 2 games I tried so far.

Anyone has a clue if it could be a video card problem or something. I installed the last drivers 190.38.

Please help!!

Many thanks!!

There are probably folks on this board with more experience at diagnosing CM problems, but that sounds like a hardware problem. Make sure the card is seated properly - remember that the card can be "snapped in" but not seated properly. Do your best to make sure there isn't any gold showing. Also... are you sure you've got enough power for the card?

Before you go digging around, though - try rolling back to less recent drivers first. 190.38 seems to cause problems in a bunch of places.

Many thanks both.

Could it be overheating when you just turn on the PC?

Both games loads (CMAK, IL21946) but when I try to play as I say the PC freezes and starts buzzing. bzzzz :) and I have to restart it.

It shouldnt be any problem to run these old games with the PC I got right?

I was able to do it with any problem with my Pentium IV 3.0 and a 7600GT Geforce.

Going to try with the onboard Intel graphic card and see what happens.

I got the 9400GT because here in Uruguay is the best you can find. In a few months probably I will try to pick one in the States. Which one you recommend without spending millions.

Many thanks