Javelin alternate launch?

Although this is a question about the Javelin actually used and not the virtual version in CMSF I'm still pretty curious about what's going on here at around 2:00 and 3:00 with the method of launching the Javelin.

It appears to be a Javelin and as far as I can tell a CLU isn't being used. Now I know the UK Javelins are modified from the US ones and certain things remain classified about it but I'm sure someone must be able to have a good guess.

Video in question: 42 commando RM in helmand province 09

Very interesting, I've never seen a Javelin fired like that before. Great video, too. Looks like our British brothers slaughtered those terrorists, and made special note of just how bad the thrashing was at the end of the video! haha :)

I just wish they had left the music out, so we could hear the pure sounds of combat. :)

As the Javelin stores an image in his memory to steer at when fired (as I understand this), it might be possible to preload an terrain feature, and then later fire it at the general direction of the stored terrrain feature, without aquiring it again?

The launcher/missile should stay active for it I guess, and the conditions should not change to much.... I dont know if it is actually possible, but it isnt to far fetched...

Yes, thankyou for the facetious answer JonS. If it needs to be put simply, I was asking how it is being aimed/targeted as there doesn't appear to be any form of sighting.

The UK version has 2 significant enhancements - a more effective sight system and a tripod (for firing and observation).

It's literally the first sentence. Pretty sure the sight is offset from the launcher itself, can't find pics though.

I agree with Flanker15. In the first firing, it appears the operator in a near prone position is obscured behind the man crouching between the weapon and the camera.

If you check the second firing, after the missile is launched, the operator starts to move and the camera catches just a glimpse of him just before the scene cut and he is clearly at the weapon in a near prone position.