Licensing!

This talks about unlicensing modules. I'm uncertain how it applies to a module bundle. When you purchased the bundle, did you receive a single license key or a key for each module?

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=162

If you don't have any luck, perhaps you ought to kick it upstairs to the Battlefront helpdesk?

This talks about unlicensing modules. I'm uncertain how it applies to a module bundle. When you purchased the bundle, did you receive a single license key or a key for each module?

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=162

If you don't have any luck, perhaps you ought to kick it upstairs to the Battlefront helpdesk?

I just got 1 license key with the bundle. But it initially worked for both on the install

I went ahead and unlicensed the version from my desktop...since I'll be using my laptop in Iraq..Thats unfortunate though. Too bad you cant manage this online or something. Thanks for the help!

You can use the manual workaround to unlicense Marines, described in the Knowledge Base. In short: create a shortcut to the Marines.exe (located inside the Modules folder), add -unlicense to the Target field, and run it. This will prompt the unlicense window to pop up for Marines (and not just British forces).

In any case, you do not have to re-purchase anything. If you ever run into trouble with unlicensing or relicensing, submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk please.

Actually Skinnedpuppy is incorrect. If you uninstall a game but do not unlicense it, in many (most) cases the license is in fact remembered. So by reinstalling it, you can e.g. play immediately without the need to relicense. However, if this works or not depends on various factors in your PC, so it's not 100% reliable.

Looks like it didn't work for LT Mike. In that case, submitting a ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk is the way to go. We'll reset your key from our end. Do not forget to include the key you're using in your ticket :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moon,

I downloaded and installed and licensed the Brits and Marines Bundle over CMSF 1.0 (Paradox Version).

I get some realy nasty problem...all maps are black..i chose to uninstall the game.

So i clicked the unlicense button...but only the brits module gets unlicensed, the marines dont. Manually unlicensing Marines Module dont works for me...

Then i uninstalled the game and do these steps:

1. Install CMSF 1.0 (Paradox)

2. Install CMSF 1.10 Patch (Paradox) <- Maybe that solved my problem ?

3. Install British and Marines Bundle

After the installation I just have to license the british modules again, not the marines. Seems ok to me, i dont unlicensed the Marines Module like i wrote above.

And...no more black maps ! :D

After that trouble im happy that it works now.

But i have a question.

If i anytime have to unlicense marines to...what can i do ?

If i contact battlefront to unlicense my keys, what information do you need ?

...eh, and now i dont need that bad cd anymore to play cmsf ! ;)

You can always unlicense Marines by using the manual unlicense method described in the Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. In short: create a shortcut to the CMSF Marines Module.exe inside your module subfolder. Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and add the following at the very end of the Target line (do not change the contents of the target line otherwise):

-unlicense

Save the changes. When you now launch the shortcut, it will prompt the unlicense screen.

Normally this should be triggered automatically when you use the shortcut in the Start->Program group, though, so it shouldn't be needed to do it manually.

Martin

Ok, but like LT Mike wrote:

I bought the Brit / Marine bundle. There's nothing for the Marines!

When I do the unlicense shortcut. it only works for the brit mod

If i click the unlicense shortcut only the unlicense for brittish module appears.

Maybe i did something wrong with the manually unlicensing...

[...] CMSF Marines Module.exe"_-unlicense

Is the above correct ? The _ is to show you that i used a space.

Ok, but like LT Mike wrote:

If i click the unlicense shortcut only the unlicense for brittish module appears.

Maybe i did something wrong with the manually unlicensing...

[...] CMSF Marines Module.exe"_-unlicense

Is the above correct ? The _ is to show you that i used a space.

Hi!

What you typed appears to be correct PROVIDED that you typed it inside the "Target" line. (not the "execute in" line). If you want, take a screenshot of your properties window for the shortcut you created and submit as ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Hi!

What you typed appears to be correct PROVIDED that you typed it inside the "Target" line. (not the "execute in" line). If you want, take a screenshot of your properties window for the shortcut you created and submit as ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Hi Moon,

Yes i did this in the target line. Then i clicked the shortcut and get an error...some dll was missing. But this was with my first installation where all maps went black.

Now i installed everything new (with patch 1.10 over the base game befor installing the modules) and it works right now, so no need to unlicense Marines Module at the Moment.

But thanks for help.