RTS or turn based??

pvthudson01

One of the things I can never make out on the main page for this game under Features is if its a freaking RTS game or a turn based game?

That page is terrible at describing the game and how it plays exactly

Is there a random battle generator?

Can you skirmish?

Are there mods?

It's a RTS game,

No there's no random battle generator but i think there's a map editor. No skirmish

Mods maybe it will come.

But you need to have a machine at or above the recommended system requirement. If you have a machine that meets only the minimum requirement don't bother getting the game it will unlikely to run.

I have a Core 2 duo T5550 (1.83GHz), 3 Gb of RAM, GeForce 8400M GS, and it's really really "laggy" with everything in the settings on minimum.

Yes, you can pause all you want. And you can slow down the game speed, too.

Don't let the RTS aspect of the game put you off, if you tend to prefer wargames and turn-based systems like CM. TOW2 uses the RTS aspect in a good way -- to let you get a first-person, grunt's eye view of the combat if you want. And while you can have soldiers pick up weapons, it's fairly realistic. There are no "gamey" role playing or puzzle solving aspects, no base-building, or anything like that. Also, while soldiers can be wounded in a number of ways, there are no magic medical kits or healing of soldiers during combat.