Thanks to all!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since BO came out, Combat Mission, in each, ever better iteration, has been the only game I play. I cannot thank everyone who is involved with it enough. I don't even want to think about what it would be like to be playing the other wargames out there, frustratedly wishing that someone would make CM.

Thanks BFC! I'm loving the battling British, the merciless Marines every bit as much as I loved the big ol' rumbles I had in CMBB. You made modern wargaming fun and challenging.

Gotta go...I'm right in the middle of an airstrike on a stubborn Syrian defense...

See yer about the forums!

This is very good news!

I see lots of good things in the module approach, not least the affordability of them. You have successfully utilised internet for cutting the middle-man thus improving the quality-price ratio. We all know that it takes work on both sides of that issue to win.

You'll be getting my money with every release on CMx2.

Even though I am only playing on the first, basically empty campaign maps (which are, nevertheless, beautifully drawn) I am completely hooked by the new module, since the British units play so very differently from anything seen before in CM:SF.

I also think that the British module gives more indication of how WW2 will feel in CMx2 than the US forces did ...

Best regards,

Thomm

Well thank for such a great game and making expansions, I hope we can see some more modern expansions to include other major nations, heck even just unit and vehicle packs would make me part with hard earned cash :)

Looking forward to the "new" Normandy.

And thanks to all the Beta testers as well.

I didn't read anything other than the first post and just wanted to retorte.

It's credit to BF that you can come on your forums and post such an open and grateful post.

I was very impressed with CM:SF when it was released. I was even more impressed with Marines and I'm knocked out by British Forces. Brilliant stuff.

Thx to you all and the beta tsters.

I always loved the Combat Mission games but yearned for proper 3D graphics. You took your game there, amid alot of flaming, and I have loved them even more than the originals. I wasn't oo happy about the returning to WWII, as I've been having alot of fun with the modern stuff. However, being as it was always Combat Mission that made me yearn for 3D - it would seem cruel not to buy your next iteration.

Just keep going making great products and I'll buy them :D

Thx

Oh - one more thing - when you have time to "do it", I'd love to do a Falklands game :D - although I am probably in the minority here!

Yeah, I want out me too: getting a feel lately for modern tec&tactics, I also now find modern setting much more interesting than WW2. WW2 is known and done again and again. Modern is all new and unexplored, more scary, less predictable and unforgiving. It's real grog stuff.

Of course I will buy Normandy + all modules + afghanistan + SFII + space lobster.

I hope sales stay strong. I'm loving the Brits and looking forward to the NATO module. After that is another (French) module for CMSF completely ruled out or can we at least get a "we're not sure yet, wait and see"?

Gotta say Ive enjoyed the daylights out of this game, (ShockForce and Marines). While I was a bit skeptical at first about the new direction, Im always willing to give things a chance. You guys at BF have done yourselves well by keeping your word and producing an excellent product. And yes, your correct, a HUGE THANK YOU to the Beta testers...well done fellas, youve helped to make my down time a lot of fun.

When the game came out I thought it was awful and couldn't believe that you'd thrown away a perfectly good system. After the patches and particularly after the British module I now think this is the best game I've ever played. Well done Battlefront!

There will never be a time when I do not hold BFC in the highest regard - on the back of CMx1. And the 'support' they gave that (and me) then, and CMx2, now.

I don't really like where they are going now, but I understand why they are going there.

(I'm sure I'll "get it" soon).

Cheers, BFC.

This is now a wonderful game system!

I bought CMSF when it first came out, and while I played it enough to get my money's worth, it didn't seem to have the extra quality that BF games usually have. Plus, I really missed the blue bar.

After having not played for a little over a year, I checked in to the see what was going on with CM:N and read about the changed that CMSF had undergone over the previous year, in particular the return of the blue bar. So I downloaded the Marines+Brits pack and have been playing it almost every day since then. It is a fantastic game, and I'm not generally a fan of modern war. I am still constantly amazed by how realistically my troops behave on the battlefield, how generally intuitive the interface is, and how intelligently the AI plays in scenarios.

As an example of how good the AI is, I played one scenario (I can't remember the name, but it was a small scenario) backwards (i.e., it's designed for Blue vs. AI, I played Red) 10 times, and the best I've been able to achieve is a tactical defeat. But I'm not losing because I don't have the appropriate equipment to do the job, or because I'm vastly outnumbered...I'm losing because the enemy advances from cover to cover, provides supporting fire, and advances(!) efficiently to its objectives. As much as I still love CMx1, its AI was not *nearly* as smart as this AI - even as it was vastly superior to all other wargame AIs. (And I remember being tremendously impressed in CMBO when an enemy tank appeared on the top of a hill and the turrets of all of my tanks rotated to face the enemy threat).

I'm glad I didn't realize how good CMSF could be last year, as I would have been much more disappointed!

But now I am really looking forward to CM:N; I can't wait to see how the more equal forces and less instantly lethal weaponry will play out. And to really see the difference between Kar 98s, Garands, SMGs, Sturmgewehre, etc.

• 2 weeks later...