1.20 patch, another week from now?

Yea, I can understand the frustration in it. But, when you first post insults the developer, and then you insult the community. Well it just doesn't make a good impression on anyone.

However, this should be a one time thing. In about 3 days you'll be able to play with your friend again.

It also doesn't help that a large portion of the community is really excited about the Brits.

I didn't insult the developer, I criticized one of their actions. I know in todays world that you have to sugarcoat everything and everyone is so sensative. I guess I should have been more soft for you all and maybe posted a picture of a teddy bear or rose at the end. I guess all my years in the military just made me a little harder than the average joe and I usually just tell it like it is.

monty67t, on a forum like this it is very easy to mistake seemingly neutral comments for insults. Battlefront are very ready to accept critisism but it is often best to add those extra words to clarify that you arn't being offensive, especially in early posts when the community doesn't know that you actually mean well.

There are many military and ex military people on this forum and their opinions are very welcome but they are able to get their point across without misinterpretation. Most of the time :P

monty67t:

Welcome to the forum. Gives us time, we'll grow on you...like fungus... ;)

The 1.20 Patch will come out sooner rather than later. Everybody on this forum has suffered this type of angst while waiting for a CM Game. In the case of the patch it really is a matter of logistics and time management. Now if I'd been your friend I'd have done just what he did...Buy the Brits, load it and play the hell out of it. Had I been you, well why do I have to feel like chopped liver! Where's the patch! But like all true love stories, the fun is in making up! Others have given you a workaround for the weekend. Here's another: See if your friend will dl the Brit Demo...you, too...then you've got a way to play 1.20 together until the patch hits.

I didn't insult the developer, I criticized one of their actions. I know in todays world that you have to sugarcoat everything and everyone is so sensative. I guess I should have been more soft for you all and maybe posted a picture of a teddy bear or rose at the end. I guess all my years in the military just made me a little harder than the average joe and I usually just tell it like it is.

Nah, we prefer cowbell around here! :D

cowbell.jpg

grunt_GI,

If you have a Paradox or Gamersgate version and purchase a Module you are, from that point on, considered to have a Battlefront base game when it comes to patching. There will be a combo Base + Marines patch made available. That's the one you want.

Steve

Okay, standing by....look forward to it