Cant launch the brits!

Got vista 64 and cant launch the game after installing the brits. I installed the module in my cm-folder: c:/ combat mission (not the default folder) but thats where i got the game. Im getting an error message that says: "msvcr71.dll could not be found......" ,can anyone help me? Do i have to unlicense before reinstalling if i have to? Should i install it in the default folder for the modules instead? (default folder was c:/ combat mission for the vanilla game)Will it make any difference?

From what you describe it sounds like you didn't install in the correct place. You should have the msvcr71.dll file already if you have CMSF and have run it before. Did you buy CMSF from Battlefront? If you are SURE that you have installed in the right place, you can also submit a ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and we'll send you the dll file by email. It needs to go inside the root game directory.

Correct. You can install and uninstall as often as you like. The only thing you need to remember is to also UNLICENSE when you uninstall. That in fact is the main thing to do (you do not even have to uninstall, just unlicense). You can have as many installations as you want, but only two of them can be active at the same time (with the same key).

The 365 day/10 download limit is for download only. Normally you never need to download more than once anyway. Just copy the file you downloaded to a disc or USB stick etc. and you can re-use it as often as you like in the future. Re-downloads really are meant for people who have problems downloading in the first place or ran into some kind of emergency, forgot to make a backup etc.

• 3 years later...

Piecekeeper - NO, you do NOT have to unlicense if you are going to reinstall on the same computer. You need to UNLICENSE the game BEFORE performing any of the following:

1) Reformatting the hard drive ('clean' OS reinstalls, etc.).

2) Reinstalling or Upgrading the OS.

3) Any major hardware changes, primarily any of the following: a new motherboard, a new CPU, a new video card (new non-boot hard drives should not be an issue).

4) Disposing/selling the computer or boot hard drive.

5) Uninstalling the game permanently from a computer.

roxerdude - There normally should be some shortcuts within the CMSF folder in the Start Menu (under the 'Licensing' folder). If these aren't there, then you may need to manually create shortcuts to perform the unlicensing as explained in this Knowledgebase article.