Brits, the suicide force!?

If you think the demo is insufficiently weighted in favor of the Brits, wait til you play the Challengerless module scenario! :D I must've been in a bad mood or something when I came up with that one. Actually, I got a few scenarios in and they're all nasty unforgiving little buggers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the british light units, it gives you a real challenge to win now. guess it will take a while to get acustomed to the fact that most vehicles arent armoured but Ive replayed the demo several times now and im starting to see the difference in tactics and gameplay, wich is bloody cool!

now playing Blue vs Red will be much bigger challenge then before :)

/Thomas

Let's not sell the poor Brits too short. Remember their cute little L85A2 bullpup rifle actually has a longer barrel than a Marine M16, and the section's L86A2 is considerably longer than that! U.S Army's M4 carbine is barely able to outrange the opposition's AKs in the game, the Brits are really able to 'reach out and touch someone' in comparison. :)

If you think the demo is insufficiently weighted in favor of the Brits, wait til you play the Challengerless module scenario! :D I must've been in a bad mood or something when I came up with that one. Actually, I got a few scenarios in and they're all nasty unforgiving little buggers.

Hey, this only proves that the really tough missions have to be done by the Brits because you can't trust the Yankees :P

Are there real Royal Marines formations in the module by the way? I did not see them mentioned in the manual but maybe they can be simulated with using normal light infantry with better stats. Are there big equipment and organisation differences between normal UK light infantry and Marines?

so i played the brits demo battle a 2nd time, with the change that i did not move the challengers at all. yep, no tanks.

it had the effect that the syrian side surrendered about 17 turns later then with my first try. casualties are even less the 2nd time around as i know a little better what the brits can do and cannot do, than in my 1st one.

I just used the 155mm artillery to turn the police compound into a smoking ruin, though after the fact I realized I should have used some of that ordnance on the right-hand part of the city. That was the only part of the map from which the enemy was still resisting when time ran out.