ToW2 bunker modding

Knokke

I've a question for the developpers:

I've created a bunker with an MG-34 machinegun. I've it set up just like the "dot_hmg" type of bunkers in ToW1. The unit is working perfectly well in ToW1, but doesn't work in ToW2 (Editor and Mission Generator give me an error message and will not start). I'm aware of the differences in naming conventions of the hooks for the crew between ToW1 and ToW2 (the crew in and out hooks), as well as the new ToW2 vision sector hook (I used the Mgun_01 hook in the VisSector hook in data/units/my_bunker/parts.ini), so this should not be the problem. The problem is also not comming from the crew, as I used the Infantry_afrika crew.

I wonder if the problem could arise because there is no Dot Navigation type nor Dot AI type in ToW 2; there is no data/AItypes.ini that I'm aware of in ToW2.

Does this mean there is no way to have a bunker in ToW2 ?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bother you again Sneaksie. Any update on the possibility to create bunkers like the ToW1 "dot_hmg_frontal" bunker types in ToW2?

I had a look at the russian demo for Kursk43, and it seems that this type of bunker is no longer supported by the game. Does this mean that i've to create a separate enterable bunker building and add the machine gun as a new crewable weapon of the HMG type?

Thanks for the answer Sneaksie. Now i understand better. It was strange that the bunker was working in ToW1 but not in ToW2. Well, I only need to do a bit of tweeking to add an interior LOD to it.

I suppose there is no longer any possibility to have an animated door for it, as it will now be a static building.