New Mods at CMMODS thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad no one really bothers with reuploading the description as well... All nice and fine to have all them mods up and running again, but without a proper decription included you more often than not won't know what you download - esepcially when nobody did a preview picture in the first place. I had really liked the uploaders to that as well - I'd have done it.

By the way, what was the file size limit again?

There is basically no file size limit. If you really need a file size bigger than what it's set to right now, I'll increase it.

The mods that are there without descriptions are _legacy_ mods ported over from the old CMMODS site run by Todd. Unfortunately, while Todd kindly provided some metadata for the mods that were on his site, it was patchy and he has now disappeared from the CM community. The descriptions that are in place for the ones from CMMODS are there from the metadata Todd provided The missing descriptions are missing because Todd didn't provide those ones.

As mfred says, anyone is welcome to participate in updating the descriptions...

And if someone has a spreadsheet or any other format with the descriptions in, I'd be delighted to load them all automatically from there.

GaJ

Well, I have uploaded over 1000 mods and most don't have descriptions. You can take over if you are not happy . . .Oh, there is a way to still upload the descriptions. Are you interested in doing it?

It didn't intend to be offensive, of course. And I'd gladly volunteer if I had the time - which I unfortuantely haven't. But I assumed most mods had some kind of readme you could simply paste...

There is basically no file size limit. If you really need a file size bigger than what it's set to right now, I'll increase it.

I tried to upload a file with over 60MB a few times and it didn't work - always got a timeout. Any idea why?

While the olds CMMODS was up, a keen person could laboriously go through it's menu system to get each description, but this probably wasn't ever a practical suggestion for 1000 mods. Once CMMODS went away, that info is lost (well, available only on Todd's old disks wherever they are!). At least the mods themselves are there, with previews :)

With respesct to 60M upload - have you suceeded uploading such a file elsewhere? Just trying to understand if the problem is with CMMODS or "in the internet" (does your own connection reliably support such a thing)? I think the actual limit is set at 250M at the moment.

GaJ

I do have a very reliable and adequately fast internet connection (DSL6000 if that does mean anything) and I can upload files that size (or even bigger) without any hassle through other services/to other locations. That's why I'm asking in the first place...

EDIT: Marco Bergman tried it with the same file a while ago and couldn't upload it either - although it might be due to his connection being slower than mine...