Need help with pathfinding in the Map Editor

Knokke

Hi,

I've broken the pathfinding in my custom map, and can't fix it, no matter what I'm trying.

I made the mistake to try to edit manually the pathfindcells.tga, and saved it in the wrong format. I deleted the offending file, and tried to reload the map, hoping that a new red and white texture would be generated by the editor once I hit the "recalc pathfinding cells" button, but nothing is happening: the texture is still white, and when I check the pathfinding cells, everything is white (except for the impassable zones of the collisions of the static objects). The soldiers and vehicles are now crossing rivers under the water without care of drowning :D

I expected that recalculating path finding cells would create some change to my map, but it doesn't seems to do anything, as the name of the map is not updated with an * (which would indicate that something has changed, and the map need to be saved again).

I tried to delete all the files that could be related to pathfinding (psfmap.bin, pfswatermap.bin, pathfindcells.tga, even the pfsnodecache.bin in the Missions folder) but this doen't seem to change anything.

Sneaksie, have you any tip to solve this problem? I hope I don't have to start again from scratch...:(

Yes, the map as very little slopes, maximum elevation being about 20m. I created the elevation map from SRTM data exported in greyscale raw bitmap (farHF.raw and nearHF.raw), then I painted the course of the river Maas in the editor with the terrain brush to create the river bed. At that point, I had a pathfindcells.tga texture with white all over the map, except the red impassable areas for the river bed of the Maas, several canals and ponds.

But it looks like the editor can't regenerate a pathfindcell.tga with the impassable areas now, even when I recalculate the landscape. I tried to delete all the *.bin files to see if they where interfering, but with no success: Some of them (like pfswatermap.bin and pfsmap.bin) doesn't seem to do anything, as it makes no difference wether they're here or not. So I don't even know what they're used for (I thought it was theses files that where generated by the editor to store the information about pathfinding cells).

I guess there is probably no other way to fix the problem but to paint the rivers and ponds again with the terrain brush in the editor?

Here is a screenshot of the elevation mesh on my map: it looks like there is a problem with the area covered by the nearHF.raw texture: the triangulation mesh for the farHF.raw shows that there is "weight" on the vertices of the mesh (black areas for the parts of the map under the water), where the square covered by the nearHF.raw does'nt show any weight on the vertices, even for the parts under water: the riverbed of the Maas river is all white, just like the ground above water.

http://pigeonh.free.fr/ToW/Map_Grave_landscape-triangulation.jpg