How about a hotfix for the vista 64 bit battle generator issue?

Shrap

This is stopping your vista 64bit customers from accessing a major part of the game.

How about releasing the fix as a hot fix and not wait and combine it with the next patch (which who knows is how far off)?

I second this request but I doubt it will happen. Had I known that something so fundamental to modern gaming as 64bit support was to be broken by a much touted first patch, I wouldn't have bought this game. Someone at 1C got careless and didn't do his job. In return, I will be bitter about this ridiculous wait forced upon us.

Sometimes we like proving people wrong. The hotfix is ready and we are releasing it for you guys right away.

Simply download the file from the link below to your computer and then unzip it into your ToW-2 game folder. It should overwrite several files in your MissionEditor folder and fix the x64 issue introduced by the latest patch.

These files will also be incorporated into any future official game patches.

Download link:

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches/tow2/MissionEditor.zip

Madmatt

Sometimes we like proving people wrong. The hotfix is ready and we are releasing it for you guys right away.

Simply download the file from the link below to your computer and then unzip it into your ToW-2 game folder. It should overwrite several files in your MissionEditor folder and fix the x64 issue introduced by the latest patch.

These files will also be incorporated into any future official game patches.

Download link:

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches/tow2/MissionEditor.zip

Madmatt

Thx, gentlemen.

Now enjoying the first Italian mission!

R

• 3 weeks later...

How do you download this Vista fix patch? It doesn't seem to self-extract?

I tried changing the path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield\Theater of War 2\Mission Editor and I get this msg, " Compressed files were unable to create the specified directory."

Thanx anyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted the Mission Editor folder patch to TOW2 and although in the game folder it now has a new date (8/6) for the Mission Editor the game still shows only 1.1.0 not 1.1.0a and "Battles" does not light up. I tried restaring the PC as well but still the game doesn't show its updated to 1.1.0a.

What is wrong.

''Battles'' button is unaccessible because you didn't create any battles. Game version after hotfix installation should remain the same (1.1.0). If you ran the Battle Generator or Editor fine but created missions won't show up in the game, make sure you run these utilities using 'run as administrator' context menu option.