non linear campaign

Here is my project of a non linear campaign, with the maps of Gnasher ;)

projet_NLC.jpg

Here it is the briefing :

[NLC.FullName]

Non linear campaign - The Encirclement of Gavrus

[NLC.Description]

Our main objective is to encircle Gavrus, where there is a major german headquarter.

If we succeed to destroy the HQ, all german troops in this area will be desorganized, and the war will finish quickly !

In order to do this, we have three combat groups.

The first one will try to encircle Gavrus by the left. The second by the center, the third by the right.

But they have first to fight against the first german line.

All the the first three missions against the first line are simultaneously (in time).

The fourth mission is the final attack on Gavrus.

All the combat groups that have succeed to repulse the germans will participate to the final assault on Gavrus.

The first group will enter by the left side of Gavrus, the second by the center, and the third by the right side.

You have also one tank group and one para group.

You can engage them to support whatever group (1-2 or 3) you want.

But if you engage them in one of the first three missions, you will not abble to use them for the two other one, as they take place simultaneously.

For the para group. They will be dropped ON the objective. But after that, they will continue by feet to Gavrus.

If you don't use them during the first three missions, you will be able to drop them directly on Gavrus !

More information about the first german line :

+The attack by the left side is probably the best way to approch Gavrus.

+The attack by the center will also crush a small german tank force.

If you dont't succeed this mission, the germans will probably be abble to launch a counter attack from Eterville to Gavrus.

+The attack by the right side will enable us to deploy artillery on the hill 112. So you will be supported by artillery during the final attack on Gavrus.

The best way to play this non linear campaign is to lose one of the first three missions.

If you are a good player, try to play witout the tank group, or without the para group, or without both !!!

At the end of each mission, you will see the "victory screen", whatever you win or you lose this mission.

It is normal, because it is the only way to continue. But you will see the result on the last mission.

[NLC01.FullName]

Combat group A - Saint Aignan.

[NLC01.Description]

The first combat group will try to encircle Gavrus by the left.

In order to do this, you have firstly to attack the through St Aignan.

Take the small farm, and push back the germans.

[NLC02.FullName]

Combat group B - Eterville

[NLC02.Description]

The second combat group will try to attack Gavrus by the center.

In order to do this, you have to attack the town of Eterville.

A small german tank group have been spotted here. Be careful !

[NLC03.FullName]

Combat group C - Hill 112

[NLC03.Description]

The third combat group will try to encircle Gavrus by the right.

This combat group have a second objective : You have to take the hill 112 in order to deploy our artillery.

Thanks to this, you will have 105mm artillery support for the final attack on Gavrus.

After the victory, the 105mm and his staff detachment will stay on this hill, while you will continue to encircle gavrus by the left.

[NLC04.FullName]

Assault final sur Gavrus

[NLC04.Description]

Your main objective !

Hope you have succed to encircle Gavrus.

If you encircle Germans by three sides, they will probably surrender quickier !

• 3 weeks later...
Eh, it is a map in "open space" ;)

This type of battle is interesting too :)

LOL I meant that it showed me quite a few flaws in the map like the farmaintex not syncing with the maintex & that some of the raods need attention with the render type brush because they have wheat growing all over them. I hadn't noticed these flaws because I was concentrating on my bulldogs mission. All the changes are at the southern side of the map which is the enemy side.

Also I've learned alot since making the initial maps & fully subscribe to the 'Good enough is the enemy of excellence' mindset. It's amazing how many flaws in your work jump out at you when somebody else does something with it.

Good mission BTW I enjoyed it!

Thanks. I got the files and have the scenario up and running without a problem. I played the 'Group A' map a couple of times now. Very challenging to say the least. I have been trying to play without reinforcements but I do not think I will be able to succeed here without calling in some armor.

Everyone should keep their eyes on this one. Looks very promising. Kudos to you guys for putting in the work on this one for everyone else's enjoyment.

Ta M8 thanks

:confused: No M8 in the first mission ?

To Eniced, as you have 2 reinforcements, you have to choose where you will use it :)

First map is in "open space", second in a big village and third with hills and forest.

Where the tanks will be more efficient, where the paratroopers will be more efficient :confused:

Of course, the paratroopers can be kept to be dropped on Gavrus for the final assault.

I tried to make the first three missions in a manner that it is very difficult to win the three together. It is the non linear part :P

Finished scenario 2 with a win. I had to use the armor reinforcement as my stock armor got toasted from the get go. Scenario played pretty easy with the reinforcements though.

If you mentioned this somewhere forgive me but the minimap is not working in scenario 3. All I see is a bunch of ????? Is this because you had to put the "1" marker designating the placement of your artillery?

For the minimap hill 112, I have also the problem. I have to solve it with Gnasher, now that we know it is not only with me.

Did you lost the first one ?

So I can check if all possibilities are tested :confused:

As you used tanks reinforcement in mission 2, it would be fine if Gnasher can test them in the mission 3. :)

The mission is pretty much easier with Tanks reinforcemement. It is the problem of this concept. as you have the choice, if you choose tanks it will be easier. But if I give tanks to the germans when you choose tanks, it is not fair :rolleyes: