R&D Questions

In the advanced screen of modding R&D, I see the submarine dive % as 20% and "increments" of 10%. Does this mean that if someone researches to level 5 then their subs have a 70% chance of diving when attacked?

The "research progression per chit" is 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Does this mean that if I'm at tech level 1 and I want to research to level 2, if I invest two chits is my chance to advance 4 + 3 = 7%? (assuming no influence of "intelligence")

Or does it mean that the first chit I invest gives me a 5% chance to advance no matter what tech level I'm at initially? (thus going from level 3 to level 4 still has a 5% per turn) Or does the research progression mean that to go from level 3 to level 4 is 2% per turn no matter how many chits I invest?

In diplomacy (if I understand the documentation correctly) each chit investment is cumulative thus increasing the probability of success per turn. Whereas in R&D it is not clear that investing multiple chits at a time actually increases the probability of success per turn.

Mithel,

1) Correct

2) IIRC it would be 4 + 4 = 8% with 2 chits, i.e. each chit would be multiplied by 4% rather then 5% when you had not yet achieved level 1. It just says that the multiplier is decreased for each level from 5 to 4 to 3 and so on.

3) I believe the cumulative refers to if you have an ally also targeting the same country, i.e. Germany and Italy target Spain with Diplomatic investments and these would then be added together to increase your per turn chance. Not that it keeps increasing per turn.