School science project help

OK last suggestion, and this one creates suspense, cause you just never know when the pressure of the reaction will over come the physical friction.

A mixture of vinegar(acetic acid) and sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) will produce a reaction giving off carbon dioxide. Both chemicals are relatively harmless and adding a little soap will definitely increase the overall visual effect(foaming bubbles).

You'll have to experiment with the proper dosages, but that's the fun part. Make sure you wear eye protection. Have fun!:D

Nah. He works the other end of the market. He's selling to 65 year old CEOs and their wives. People that like to deal with an older man in a crisp white shirt and sober tie. Unfortunately, I can't afford the cars he sells. So I still have to deal with the 23 year old morons with baseball jackets and cigarette breath when I'm looking for wheels.

This thread was a good read (Even the off topic car dealer comments). Some of the rocket propulsion statements I'd known (And forgotten) over the years. The use of liquid detergent to lower the cohesiveness of the water is something I use everyday in gem polishing, but I would have never thought of it as something which could boost a water rocket's performance.

Good job, guys.

Apparently it went very well. She was a little disappointed because her regular teacher was off sick. But the substitute thought it was terriffic and said she had "set a pretty high benchmark" for the other kids. We added red food colouring to the water and this also proved to be a crowd pleaser.

As for Africa.....Bugged is obviously a long-term fan! God knows what happened to all that stuff when the forum got updated and I moved jobs.