Thanks for ModPack

Oudy

Great job Tartari!

I was away from internet this last month, but in the mean time, I've been busy with creating buildings for ToW2. Unfortunately, the result is not up to my expectations. I'm able to do a "semi-working" building only: I've trouble with the scripts from the mod pack not being up to date with the latest ToW technology. Even for ToW1, this is a lot of trouble as the scripts are giving me problems with a lot of names that are not recognised. I can work around that by cheating a little bit and manualy editing the msh files, but this is far from being easy and straightforward. For ToW2, the biggest problem (and one I can't solve), is the interior view of the buildings. I can create a building that is working only as far as the camera doesn't go to close to it (untill the x0y0_damR mesh should be displayed): as soon as the camera pans close enough to the building to display the interior view, the game crashes. The same thing is happening when I click on one of the windows to tell a soldier to go inside the building and position himself inside at one of the "shoot" positions.

The mod pack scripts are accepting only 7 collision objects per bones, and even a very simple building will usually require more than that (ToW2 african houses have a number of collisions per bones a lot higher than that...

I'm still working on it, but I don't have much hope. I'm not a programmer, and I can't modify the modPack Max scripts to make them fully compatible with ToW1, and even less with ToW2.

The modpack scripts are working for ToW1 buildings though, but this is quite a difficult task, trying to cheat the script to make it work, and editing the msh files by hand. The scripts will work without problems for simple statics objects, so they're still very usefull as his.

If peoples are interested, I will make a tutorial for it.

-Knokke

• 2 years later...
Do you want the official answer or the inofficial one? Officially, "we have always planned to release these utilities and scripts today in a separate archive".

Inofficially, they were simply forgotten to be included. :) Oops. I have just put up a Part 5 of the mod pack with (hopefully) all of the missing meshtools.

Martin

I don't find the massive modpack on the repository

And the part 5 is not in other DL sites for the massive modpack.

Is it possible to have again this part 5 ?

In the "TOW MODEL CONVERTER.doc", I found this text :

Automatic icon creation

These textures must be compiled into one by using DamTexConverter tool. Input parameters are:

path to the textures folder (relative to current directory)

shift (optional, 5 by default).

A list of textures (regions) names is stored in DamTexConverter.cfg.

So I am also searching for this tool (damTexConverter).

It seems that it is not in the archive "mod pack converter" of the link you gave.

The other tools are here, thank you !

In the "TOW MODEL CONVERTER.doc", I found this text :

Automatic icon creation

These textures must be compiled into one by using DamTexConverter tool. Input parameters are:

path to the textures folder (relative to current directory)

shift (optional, 5 by default).

A list of textures (regions) names is stored in DamTexConverter.cfg.

So I am also searching for this tool (damTexConverter).

It seems that it is not in the archive "mod pack converter" of the link you gave.

The other tools are here, thank you !

I have this utility. Give me your email address in pm, I`ll post there.