Mad graphics problem

Hi people

Ever since a recent PC rebuild, I've been getting this problem on CMAK and CMBB.

Basically the PC stops for a few seconds while playing CM, then a bunch of wrong textures are displayed. ALT-TAB out of CM and back in makes the textures go normal again.

However until the PC is rebooted applications close and start (including ALT-TAB out of and into CM) with a recognizable delay of several seconds.

On a couple of occasions I've even had the PC BSOD after some time complaining about nv4_disp.dll

I've reinstalled both games, have subsequently upgraded my graphics card and installed new drivers yet this has not cured the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I'll try pretty much anything at this stage.

Thanks

Example : th_18857_cmbb_problem_122_598lo.jpg

Hi people

Ever since a recent PC rebuild, I've been getting this problem on CMAK and CMBB.

Basically the PC stops for a few seconds while playing CM, then a bunch of wrong textures are displayed. ALT-TAB out of CM and back in makes the textures go normal again.

However until the PC is rebooted applications close and start (including ALT-TAB out of and into CM) with a recognizable delay of several seconds.

On a couple of occasions I've even had the PC BSOD after some time complaining about nv4_disp.dll

I've reinstalled both games, have subsequently upgraded my graphics card and installed new drivers yet this has not cured the problem.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I'll try pretty much anything at this stage.

Thanks

Example : th_18857_cmbb_problem_122_598lo.jpg

Hmm.. I've had similar trouble with my Nvidia card. Not the textures, but the crashing. What series Nvidia card is it?

My problems mimicked system ram failure, but I realized it was the card. Not just the card, but the newer series drivers for the 9 series. I solved the problem by using a hand me down ati from my brother. I would recommend clearing your pagefile, using Driver Cleaner to clean up the older drivers, rolling back the video card drivers for your series card and reinstalling the games again for a second time.

Does your motherboard come with onboard graphics? Which operating system are you on? Is your videocard set correctly in your bios in terms of the clockspeed? Are the ram timings correct? I don't know for sure if those things could cause the sort of bizarre video issues you've been having, but they can cause problems, that's for sure.