Battle Generator Issue

Russkly

I'm probably being stupid, but when I try to run the battle generator from the program menu in Windows Explorer (User Campaigns and Battles options are greyed out in actual game menu for some reason) I get the following error message:

"Wrong game version. The application will not work with a current version of the game Theatre of War. Error: #3000".

What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate the help, as always.

R

Oh, I forgot to add that I did search the forum for an answer, and I have tried right-clicking, selecting Run As, and then selecting Administrator and un-selecting the tick box for running the program with restricted access (I don't know why this is set as default anyway).

R again

If you set it to English US like on the picture, Generator still doesn't work?

Set to English (UK), but still no joy.

Would be good to be able to use it, because I'd like to design some infantry-only scenarios. AFVs too dominant in this game, especially the spotting in built-up areas.

R

you have 64bit? if so, you're screwed until 1C gets their act together.

Set to English (UK), but still no joy.

Would be good to be able to use it, because I'd like to design some infantry-only scenarios. AFVs too dominant in this game, especially the spotting in built-up areas.

R

Same problem here ...OK before patch ...now no worky. Interesting think is the same problem exsisted in TOW 1 and we we're told it could not be fixed. Now TOW 2 has reverted to the same TOW 1 problem ...so ....... I think you can all figure this out. Perhaps it's best to post a message on the 1C forum:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Join my thread there

Vista SP1 X64

I see that the Battle Generator gives us the option of assigning "fortifications" to an army (i.e., those semicircular foxholes/fighting positions). But what about tank barriers and barbed wire? I don't see options for those, even though they are objects in some of the canned campaign missions.