Experiences with the new patch?

amandus

My first experience with the new patch:

Downloaded and installed the patch just a few hours ago.

Than I played a 'homemade' scenario where the game without the new patch usually crashed to desktop after 30 seconds of gameplay due to my tendency to implement to many units :) - with the new patch - NO Problem! Everything runs much smoother .

(My laptop specs are: Win XP SP3, Intel dualcore @ 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 2 screens, Gforce Go 7400)

Thank You for the patch! - Now I have to find out the other features.

(P.S. The PWM (Panzerwurfmine) still shows 3 mm of penetration - will be adressed in the next patch I guess ;) )

Thank You Sneaksie, You are right!

Tried a small scenario with a training mission and implemented PWM - works like in TOW.

Still challenging even with 3 elite AT-Teams (scoutlevel 100) against 1 Lee (novice crew)

The patch has solved all the CTD problems I experienced so far. There is only one strange thing now: the tactical map is all black, except for the menus, the mission comments and the units icons. I didn't have this problem before the patch.

Except this small problem (I don't find the tactical map so useful, and I almost never use it), everything is working fine now.

The patch has solved all the CTD problems I experienced so far. There is only one strange thing now: the tactical map is all black, except for the menus, the mission comments and the units icons. I didn't have this problem before the patch.

Except this small problem (I don't find the tactical map so useful, and I almost never use it), everything is working fine now.

I also experienced this one, but this problem occured before the patch. Until know I had one crash to the desktop and I finished the complete German campaign... very happy with the patch so far! Only multiplayer does not seem to work.

The patch works great -- no more CTDs, easier and faster saving/loading of games, and MUCH smoother video performance during battles. Great job! I still haven't tested yet whether the tank obstacles in the Sbeitla scenario can now be placed on setup without crashing the game, as happened before.