Need Help on 3rd US mission- Sbeitla

Von Fauster

Salute!

Loving game with the patch. Seems like subtle but important improvements.

Question though: patch or no patch, I keep getting my you-know-what whooped on the 3rd US mission: Battle of Sbeitla. Any strategic suggestions? I seem completely out-numbered. Even though I am able to save the radio site, I get completely wiped out before reinforcements arrive.

First of all, you can set option 'disregard campaign loss' to continue playing the campaign after defeat.

If you have M10 in the reserves (left after previous mission), i suggest taking one of them and position it far behind where AA guns are positioned by default (it can kick ass at long range, while manual gun traverse makes it vulnerable up close) and it should, with luck, handle F2 tanks at left flank. Make sure there is a very good shooter in it for one shoot - one kill fun. Position M3 Lee tanks somewhere behind howitzers in the town with clear FOV at initial attack path and they most likely will slaughter all enemies attacking from the front, but make sure they have cover protecting their left sides (since F2 tanks will appear at left flank soon). To help radio site defenders, take one tank (probably you have money for Stuart only) and send it to the river immediately after mission start to fire at sides of fording German vehicles, this will help enormously if it will be able to take out F1 (armored cars are no match for Stuart).

Also place AT soldiers (Bazooka) in front trench, if any. Sell one or two howitzers if you can buy a tank.

Good tips, Sneaksie!

I think I had trouble on this battle as US because of the units I purchased.

But also, if the patch now allows us to place the tank obstacles at setup without a crash, that will help restore the balance of play -- and let the US player channel the German attacks into specific "kill zones."

First of all, you can set option 'disregard campaign loss' to continue playing the campaign after defeat.

If you have M10 in the reserves (left after previous mission), ...

Ahh. That may be part of my problem right there. I took some pretty heavy losses in the previous mission. Even though I won it eventually, I may have to go back and replay it to see if I can mitigate the damage in the hopes of bringing them forward into the third mission (I can do this, yes?)

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll give 'em a try.

Salute!