Syrian FO's cancelling fire missions

Does anyone know what causes Syrian FO's to cancel fire missions after the first few rounds have landed? I wait for 15 munutes to launch a devistating barrage at the enemy that turns into a bit of a wimper when it ends after 2 impacts.

Is there some sort of behavior issue that I have to be aware of? Because it has lost me a game before and it is now happening to one of my PBEM opponents (Not that I should be complaining of course ;) )

i play red a lot and usually there is no difference with red spotters compared to blue ones, i mean no difference other then the obviouse ones.

i have only seen this befor when;

1. the FO team wasnt up for it, was paniced or rattled and they failed the moral check. sometimes i belive this makes the mission go down somewhere totaly else too.

also if the FO team looses a critical member of the team they can cancel it as they cant spott anymore at all for arty.

2. the ammo was nearly empty, means after some spotting rounds and a few rounds FFE, its stops.

3. is when some of youre units came too close to the fire, i thinks it works the same way as on blue side and fire will get aborted if someone of youre guys comes too close to it.

15 minutes? youre spotting for a BM21 or you have a exteme "conscript" team?

I too have experienced this in the last three PBEM-games. And only with Syria, USA spotters work fine. Infact me and my PBEM-buddy decided to leave the FO's out untill this is fixed.

Come to think of it, this has been happening since I installed the Marines-module...

In my on going pbem-game in red vs. red scenario "King copper mines":

- FO has a perfect LOS all the time to the areas where I wanna lay arty rounds.

- FO is nowhere near of incoming fire (so no WIAs or KIAs in Fo-team either).

- FO is in contact with the HQ unit constantly.

So far four attempted fire missions have all failed. :mad:

Very unrealistic IMO. Or then it is a bug. Either way hopefully it is fixed or at least looked at.

3. is when some of youre units came too close to the fire, i thinks it works the same way as on blue side and fire will get aborted if someone of youre guys comes too close to it.

quoteing myself here...

if the FO cant see them isnt important, if the guys getting hit can radio that they get hit by own arty the arty will stop sooner or later.

thats it for blue side, and i guess its the same for red too.

if thats right its the same as with the smoke behavioure. the red vehicles use smoke as if they where blue vehicles no matter if it makes sens or not.

now with arty it would make sense for red to target a own position wich is about to be taken anyways however they are chicken-ing like the blue guys in that case and this "could" be what you see.