Stryker platoon/company callsigns?

I was reading through this Wikipedia article about Callsigns and their use in (US) military and the Field Manual about Stryker platoon organisation.

I was wondering how callsigns are applied to the mounted elements (=Strykers) in a Stryker infantry platoon. When the Company has for example the radio callsign Checkmate like in the Wikipedia article, the first platoon would be Checkmate 1, the first squad of this platoon Checkmate 11 and so on. But what would the Strykers have as a callsign? And does each vehicle has its own callsign?

Yes, each vehicle has it's own call sign.

For Tank and Bradley units

Platoons are color coded: Red, White, Blue

The 1st Platoon leader would not be Checkmate 1 but instead Red 1

2nd Plt: White 1, 3rd Plt: Blue 1

Platoon Sergeants are 4, wingmen are 2,3:

If the 1st Plt leader is talking on radio net above company level he would be Checkmate Red 1

If the Company call sign is Checkmate, only company HQ elements use that call sign:

Checkmate 6, 5, 7 = CO, XO, 1SG.

On the company net or lower the company HQ should be Black, but sometimes they just go with Checkmate.

Individual vehicles in the 1st Plt are:

11 = LT (Red 1), 12=wingman (Red 2), 14=plt sergeant (Red 4), 13=wingman (Red 3)

2nd plt is 21,22,24,23, 3rd is 31,32,34,33

CO, XO are 66, 65

Thanks for the answer.

Do I get this right that in platoon intern comms, the vehicles have numbered color callsigns (Red 1 to 4 e.g. for the first platoon) while the infantry squads keep the company level callsign (e.g. Checkmate)? I'm a bit confused about that.

Thanks for the answer.

Do I get this right that in platoon intern comms, the vehicles have numbered color callsigns (Red 1 to 4 e.g. for the first platoon) while the infantry squads keep the company level callsign (e.g. Checkmate)? I'm a bit confused about that.

Company: Checkmate

Platoon: Blue

Vic: 2

Squad: 4

If the squad had to talk on the Bn net for whatever reason they'd be "Checkmate Blue 24 (two-four)." If the vehicle had to talk on the Bn net, they'd be "Checkmate Blue 2".