Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Game changes

I have a few idea changes for the game... It came to me while I was at work(I work for the royal canadian reservists) while at work we were doing war games and I was in a LAV close to the one in the game but any ways our driver got killed and my buddy took the driver seat my point is in the game crews and squad members should be more conected so the driver or a gunner dies a squad member should take his place but the a.i. should be less trained so it takes longer to do the tasks

And another one is medics and mobile systems to transport them like in a squad there should be detacated medic because when buddy get shot 100 meters away and no one else is around to use them but a faster response time to save someone and possably transport them to a mobile system to treat them

And a point is that to single out squad members for a certian task I.e. I am a radioman for reserves some times I get singled out to run ahead but in the game you should be able to get them on there own individualy

And another is a ac130 gun ship because it's cool as well as helicopter troop transport to get a squad out imediatltly or to attack quickly

Members of the same vehicle crew do replace their WIA/KIA crewmembers already. I don't know if there is any performance hit, but for most things, I couldn't see there being any measurable decrease in performance. I mean, driving a vehicle is driving a vehicle, everyone in the crew should be trained for it; likewise for the on-board weapon systems.

The other stuff is neat, casevac stuff is always hair-raising.

So, as an RTO, what do you mean by "run ahead" ?

I'm pretty sure AC-130 has been brought up numerous times, and if I remember correctly, it gets shot down because it isn't really approriate for the level of conflict simulated by the game.

Cameron2645, it sounds like you're REALLY going to enjoy the NATO module! Canadians and their LAV-3 IFVs to play with with will be included. Canada may seem like an odd choice to the uninformed but really they've been EVERYWHERE, from Kosovo to Somalia to Afghanistan and a half dozen other conflicts besides. Canada's got the "biggest little army" I can think of. :D

About swapping crews. I know the fighting compartment crew will readily switch places after a casualty but does it happen often with the driver? I so rarely have a driver casualty (without the whole vehicle exploding) that its hard to say. And it sounds mighty difficult to test - how do you reliably cause just a driver casualty?

Cameron2645, it sounds like you're REALLY going to enjoy the NATO module! Canadians and their LAV-3 IFVs to play with with will be included. Canada may seem like an odd choice to the uninformed but really they've been EVERYWHERE, from Kosovo to Somalia to Afghanistan and a half dozen other conflicts besides. Canada's got the "biggest little army" I can think of. :D

About swapping crews. I know the fighting compartment crew will readily switch places after a casualty but does it happen often with the driver? I so rarely have a driver casualty (without the whole vehicle exploding) that its hard to say. And it sounds mighty difficult to test - how do you reliably cause just a driver casualty?

I for one am excited at playing with Canadians, and Germans, and who ever else gets thrown into the mix.

Part of the reason the Marines module has been so great for me is that I have never really paid any attention to the marines, so everything is new and exciting.

It happens. I was testing a new, secret campaign yesterday (:D) and one of my LAVs lost its driver. The commander took over the gunner's position, who took over the driver's position.