General questions about game

scottsmm

I'm considering buying this Theatre of War 2 game, but I have a few general questions I would like to get answered first. First of all how well would this game run on a Dell XPS M1530 Intel Core Duo T9300 processor, 250 gigs of space, Vista Home premium 32 bit, 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT video card, a creative sound card (direct X compatible). Next question would be how much fun is this game on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, and 1 being the lowest? Finally could someone just give me a brief summary of the game? Thanks, btw I have played the demo, and I do think it’s fun, I just don’t think there is enough on the demo to determine that about the entire game.

Scottsmm, I'm no expert on systems, but I think you might struggle to play TOW2. I've never played a game which is so demanding. But hopefully someone who knows more than I do can help you.

As for enjoyable - I'd say so far about 6-7. There are (I think) 3 campaigns each with 5 missions.

Based on those specs, I think you'll do fine on med-high settings. If you play on slow speed, it'd give your system much more time to compute the frames.

The demo experience is about half the full game. The total package gives you access to the rest of the units and the ability to track your units across battles. I don't see why the limited battles would not be expanded by 1C or users in the future.

What you are really getting is the most realistic portrayal of WWII combat at the tactical level in all the games I've played. Makes CoH look like stick soldiers in comparison. I'd say give the game a chance if you like the demo. I bought the game based on getting Wowed on the sample mission.