installing probs

bluedog

Ive down loaded the game, but when i click on run after the download... Nothing!!

Is this before or after you have installed the game?

You need to install and run the game with full admin rights (this includes setting the file properties to "Run as admin") for the first time.

Check also our Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, please. That's also the place to submit a support ticket if you can't figure it out.

ive got the game working on my laptop which is vista 64 bit by copying the setup exe to a flash drive then onto my laptop and the game works fine. my desktop is vista 32 bit, would this have anything to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Same deal here, XP32, downloaded setup exe, ran, installed. Icons on desktop... Clicked... hard drive activity with mouse pointer changed, 3 seconds later... as if nothing had happened.

Installed, reinstalled, firewalls and AV software on/off. no go!!!

It's not the same deal, because from your description you have been able to install the game correctly, yes? And are getting the "nothing happens" symptom when you try to launch it, yes?

You need to launch the game with full admin rights. Especially the first time you run it. This includes setting the "Run as admin" property in Vista. If it still doesn't work, consider turning off UAC (User Access Control) at least temporarily. The Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk actually contains all the info you need.

265mb 6800Ultra. 178.24 & 186.18 Nvidia drivers tried with lowest ingame graphics settings and game.ini settings. Maybe time to upgrade computer??? At least have the new just released mods for TOW1 to keep me busy while I get this issue sorted. :)