filelist.txt posted in Repository

Oudy

I generated an initial filelist for TOW2. It is posted in the Battlefront Repository. I'm sure it is preliminary and incomplete but there are already over 19,000 entries and I'll continue to add to it as I find more files. But it's a beginning.

The directory structure is quite similar to TOW1 but the models are a bit more complicated. It certainly should be possible to add new units. It would be nice if 1C and/or Sneaksie would provide us with a breakdown of the model structure like he did for TOW1. It would save a lot of guesswork and help jump start the modding community.

What becomes clear when you look at the SFS files is that 1C has put in a tremendous amount of work on this game. Virtually every aspect of he game can be modified. Props to everyone who worked on it.

Oudy

Thanks for the effort. I tried to take a stab at it with SFS Extractor 2.11beta and all I get is a list of garbage. What am I doing wrong? Here's what I did:

*Put SFS .exe, .dll, and this filelist in the TOW2 folder

*Run run SFS .exe and open one of the .sfs files

*See junk (strings of HEX units) instead of paths of files

Thx for the assist.

Prattboy

You need to put the SFSExtractor with all the accompanying files and the filelist.txt into the "Theatre of War 2\MissionEditor\" directory, not into the root directory.

Hope that helps.

Oudy

Thanks a lot for your work Oudy,

You've been already very helpful with ToW, and now with ToW2.

This game is such an improvement over the first installement, that I'm starting to think about switching my efforts at modding to ToW2.

It would be nice if 1C and/or Sneaksie would provide us with a breakdown of the model structure like he did for TOW1. It would save a lot of guesswork and help jump start the modding community.

I second that. I didn't have a look at the files in ToW2 yet, and I don't think it is too different from ToW, but any help we could get from 1C/Sneaksie would be invaluable. 1C devellopers must be very busy with the upcoming patch, so we'll have to be patient for any help coming our way.

Again, if you are experiencing problems with downloads (or uploads for that matter), posting here is about the slowest and least likely to get it fixed. You need to use the "Report this Listing" tool to get quick attention. File is up now.

Thanks Moon

I used the "report this listing" button earlier and now it is up and working. Thanks for the quick response and I hope that we won't have to go through this every time.

Oudy

Oudy, no, this was a hiccup in the approval queueing (gosh, I probably butchered the spelling on that one :)) system, the first one in a long while. It probably happened due to a server reset we did recently. You may still experience some occasional issues today as we'll be doing a server scan and probably another reboot later today.