Modding with SFS extractor

I would like tracers added to all large caliber shells, not just limited to the AT rounds. However, before i can start, it would seem we need a filelist for the extractor to work properly. Was going to post this in the TOW mod forum but figure someone may know offhand here.

Anyone that's done modding can elaborate on how to make a filelist? thx.

Prattboy

Dr. Jones mentioned something about working on an updated SFS extractor so we can generate a new filelist. I would imagine that we'll have something in a reasonably short period of time.

Oudy

able to use it as before on tow1, simply place in editor directory place a file list in as well I used a blank one ie. only has the filelist doc but nothing in it, ignore error messages and extract as per normal.

now a question

I can get a matilda into the game as far as being able to view in the encylopedia but unable to find it in the editor, have placed it into the game as per previous mods tow1 but no luck, what am I missing, because if I can crack this will work on importing most of the TOW1 models.

Hi,

i'm posting some info how to fill filelist.txt file for new TOW2 game.

1) Get Procmon (works with vista). Set filter to following configuration:

tow2procmon.jpg

2) Run tow2.exe and play as much as possible, to get all maps, props, models, etc.

3) Close tow2

4) Now filter just those entries which had status that werent found (PATH NOT FOUND).

Copy all these entries to filelist.txt. Example :

there is entry in procmon:

D:\Games\Theatre of War 2\Data\gui\skins\ordinary\commandpanel.xml

Copy to:

Data\gui\skins\ordinary\commandpanel.xml

thats it, thats how filelist get created.

br.

Dr.Jones

Awesome, thx for everyone's help. It's a little more complicated than extracting packs to mod Faces of War. I'll hit the TOW mod forum to see what variable to look for in regards to tracer dimensions and brightness.

Call me a glitz freak but theres nothing like a firefight with multi-colored rounds flying about. You can easily tell which side dominates the volume of fire. Keep ya'll updated.